Converting Commercial Presets from ARES to CYGNUS

Toopy14

Axe-Master
Has anyone successfully converted commercial presets from ARES on the Axe-Fx II to the CYGNUS on the Axe-Fx III? I have a fair investment in the presets and to me, they are worth every penny. As a late starter (41) in the guitar world and with fewer days ahead than behind (57), they have enabled me to have fun and focus on learning to play the guitar, instead of spending hours trying to figure out what combination of blocks and parameters I need to tweak to get the right tones.

I'm quite happy with the tones I get when I use the Axe-Fx II with my amp. and headphones and probably don't need to upgrade to the Axe-Fx III, however, I do love playing with new technology and the Axe-Fx III looks like it would be a lot of fun to use! I've read many posts about the feel and tones of CYGNUS and it's made me curious. I also like to contribute to the community and since the majority of the posts are CYGNUS related these days, I kind of feel helpless. :)

Those threads discuss going from an older version of Cygnus to a newer version. I was asking about going from the II to the III.

I've used FracTool before to convert II presets to the AX8, but that's within the same firmware, ie. Ares.
No
15.x is ares, 16.x is cygnus...
The process is the same

Back
Top Bottom