Closed Convert Axe-Fx 2 to Axe-Fx 3 presets on the fly on import

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckymethod

Inspired
Whenever I try importing an AxeFX2 preset and I don't realize it, I get a very unhelpful error message. I know I can convert the preset using Fract-Tool but why isn't that just embedded in the editor? It should do the conversion on the fly for me instead of having to bounce out of the tool, convert the preset, then come back again.

The Axe Fx II is a different platform.

Only the Axe Fx III and FM3 currently support the same core platform and allow this, and even in that case is limited.

More importantly, FracTool is not a Fractal Audio product: It's 3rd party.

More importantly, FracTool is not a Fractal Audio product: It's 3rd party.
I wasn't sure if the OP was asking for FracTool to be built in to Axe-Edit or just the conversion capability like with Axe Fx III and FM3... But obviously, that's a great reason the former isn't there :)

Only the Axe Fx III and FM3 currently support the same core platform and allow this, and even in that case is limited.
I still use fractool to convert from FM3 to Axe Fx 3 because its not always the same. I just make it a habit.

Any return experience about the sound difference of the converted presets compared to their axe fx ii versions. Is a lot of retweaking required, or just minor artifacts ? How do the distortion blocks translate ?

Any return experience about the sound difference of the converted presets compared to their axe fx ii versions. Is a lot of retweaking required, or just minor artifacts ? How do the distortion blocks translate ?

I never had a problem and like with any preset you still need to tweak them to your own style and guitars anyways.

I never had a problem and like with any preset you still need to tweak them to your own style and guitars anyways.
For your own presets;I meant, I guess there always is some retweaks to be done, but are you at first conversion close to the original sounds. I suppose especially effects parameters might translate quite a bit differently from one generation to another ?

Did I write anything that makes you think I don't know that?
For your own presets;I meant, I guess there always is some retweaks to be done, but are you at first conversion close to the original sounds. I suppose especially effects parameters might translate quite a bit differently from one generation to another ?

who knows, but it doesn't concern me a great deal. The alternative is nothing.

Did I write anything that makes you think I don't know that?
Actually, yes.

You asked for a built-in conversion process that doesn't natively exist within the Fractal landscape except for between the 2 devices that are on the same platform.

And if you were really asking about having FracTool embedded then that was already answered.

You know, when some of us who have been around for a while reply to questions from newer members we have to use our best judgement based on the question and information provided about the experience and knowledge of the person asking.

Sometimes that might come across the wrong way... But it's not intended to be offensive.

Whenever I try importing an AxeFX2 preset and I don't realize it, I get a very unhelpful error message. I know I can convert the preset using Fract-Tool but why isn't that just embedded in the editor? It should do the conversion on the fly for me instead of having to bounce out of the tool, convert the preset, then come back again.

+1. Automatic conversion on import seems like a reasonable request. Obviously there are limits on what can get converted, but it's often helpful if just the basics of the preset get converted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom