Controlling Axe-FX with FX-8

Dyersbrew

Currently, I use an FX-8 Mark II through a Mesa Dual Rec and 4x12 cab. With the FX-8, I use scenes so my switching is reduced to a single switch action. I am looking to pick up a used Axe-FX II XL+ to venture into the world of amp/cab modeling, but I am not in a position to change out my entire rig all at once.

Question: Has anyone used the FX-8 to control an Axe-FX? If so, what was your experience?

I used an FX8 to change presets and scenes on an Axe-Fx III. I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to MIDI but was able to get the functionality I needed without a lot of stress. I would presume implementation would be similar with the Axe-Fx II. It would be worth a shot to try before dropping any money on another controller.

I used an FX8 to change presets and scenes on an Axe-Fx III. I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to MIDI but was able to get the functionality I needed without a lot of stress. I would presume implementation would be similar with the Axe-Fx II. It would be worth a shot to try before dropping any money on another controller.

That's exactly what I'm looking to do--nothing fancy. Cool.

Back
Top Bottom