Controlling Axe FX 2 using USB Midi Controller

ertan

Experienced
Hi,

I have a Icon G-Board midi controller which is connected via USB.

It has 8 switches, if I succeed to be able to send midi signals to the Axe, I want to use 4 for scene selection, and 4 for turning blocks on or off.

It would be very nice to do this. I don't want to buy another expensive midi controller only because mine is using usb connection.

So the scenario in my head is to connect the g-board to the computer and send midi signals somehow.

In the worst case, I will prepare a .net program which will be able to function only when Axe Edit is on, and when it captures midi signals, it will throw a keyboard keypress event which (hopefully) will do something at Axe Edit :)

I don't want to do this since it seems a bit complex and difficult. Any easier suggestions?

Thanks.

Back in the days I managed to use an old Native Instruments Rig Kontrol 2 foot controller with the AxeFx II. 7 switches + a pedal.
Both units were plugged (USB) to a linux computer. I wrote a simple program that translated events from the foot controller to midi events for the Axe.

So it is possible to send midi signals to the Axe via USB.
I'll be researching about this. Thank you.
Midi -> keyboard -> axe edit would be a much worse way.

edit: realized that what I wrote is way too stupid since this is also what Axe Edit is doing :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom