Controlling another MIDI device via the MFC-101 / Axe-Fx II

#1 - Mapping Mode none (already set in your screenshot)

#2 - that's part of the setup of a button on the MFC. I sold my MFC and I never used it for external devices, so I can't help there. MFC-Edit is worth the money.

#3 - I don't have an Axe Fx II anymore, but the option is in the Global Midi menu somewhere
Thanks a lot again. Tomorrow I will try again with all your tips at the rehearsal room

Hi again. In I/O midi menu I don't find midi echo. My Axe Fx 2 is Mark I model.
I have this settings in MFC:

Mfc edit menu :
Use Port Expansion
Axe-Fx midi ch 01
Axe-Fx TotalSync OFF
Axe-Fx TxMap 001->001
MIDI Rx Channel OFF
RxProgramChange OFF
ProgChgMap 000->001
IA01 Axe-Fx SCENE1
IA01 c1 CC#001 Ch01
IA01 c1 Off000 On127
IA01 pOF PC#OFF Ch01
S01 Of 1 - - - - - - - -
IntCC 01 CC#OFF Ch01
IntCC 01 Of000 On127
XS1 #000 Ch01 TypHDW
XS1 Off 000 On 127
XP1 #016 Ch01 BegPDL
XP1 Min 000 Max 127

MFC Preset Menu:
Preset 001
Name MFC-101
Ch 01 ProgChag 002
Alternate Preset GBL
IASw 01 OFF
IntCC 01 OFF
Custom 1 - - - - - - - -
XS1 #GBL Ch01 TypHDW
XS1 Off 000 On 127
XP1 #GBL Ch01 BegOFF
XP1 Min 000 Max 127

And in I/O Midi Axe Fx2:

MIDI CHANNEL 1
MIDI THRU ON
PROG CHANGE ON
MAPPING MODE NONE
MAP FROM PRESET 0
MAP TO PRESET 0
MAP TO SCENE 1
SCENE REVERT OFF
SYSEX ID 00 01 74
DISPLAY OFFSET 1
IGNORE REDUNDANT PC ON
SEND REALTIME SYSEX ALL
MIDI PC OFFSET 0
USB ADAPTER MODE ON
EXT CTRL "X" INIT VAL 0%

I remember that I connect MFC without power adapter, only with an Ethernet cable to Axe Fx2, and Axe Fx2 Midi out/thru to MIDI In of MIDI SPORT 1x1 M-Audio interface and from this a USB to Sim 1 xt1 pedal. Configuration pedal is Midi Channel 2 and Slave mode. I'm lost

I just changed Midi channel to All in xt1 pedal. Now I select mfc switch 1 and have Axe Fx preset 1 and xt1 preset 1 also, mfc switch 2 I have Axe Fx preset 2 and xt1 preset 2, and so on. How I select different xt1 presets from mfc, not lineal?

I just changed Midi channel to All in xt1 pedal. Now I select mfc switch 1 and have Axe Fx preset 1 and xt1 preset 1 also, mfc switch 2 I have Axe Fx preset 2 and xt1 preset 2, and so on. How I select different xt1 presets from mfc, not lineal?
Ok, so we know the midi is getting thru. That is good!

It sounds like you want some switches dedicated to only control the xt1.

You need to make those switches be "general purpose" on the MFC. Then define the PC and midi channel for that switch.

It sounds like you want some switches dedicated to only control the xt1.

You need to make those switches be "general purpose" on the MFC. Then define the PC and midi channel for that switch.
Thanks, but my idea is press mfc switch and change Axe preset and simultaneously xt1 preset.

I enter in MFC Preset menu, change Ch to 2 and ProgChg to "X": xt1 preset change, but when I press exit/save nothing change in the pedal

Last edited:
Sorry... I've just taken a look at the MFC-101 manual and I don't see a way to send multiple PCs per switch, so I don't think it's possible to do what you want.

OMG. Thanks for the answer. If I can not find the way to control Axe Fx and pedal xt1 simultaneously I do not know if I'm in time to return the pedal. My idea is to use it mainly live and I do not know if connecting a PC or some other device could get it.

OMG. Thanks for the answer. If I can not find the way to control Axe Fx and pedal xt1 simultaneously I do not know if I'm in time to return the pedal
One option you have is the use PC mapping. But that will be very limiting.

In this case, you put both devices on the same midi channel. You use the preset buttons matching the post preset number of the xt1 preset. Then you tell the Axe Fx to map that preset to the Axe Fx preset number you want.

For example, if you want to use xt1 preset #3 with Axe Fx preset #17 you would set Axe Fx PC Mapping from 3 to 17.

When the MFC sends PC #3, the xt1 will get 3 and change to it. The Axe Fx will get 3 and change to 17.

One option you have is the use PC mapping. But that will be very limiting.

In this case, you put both devices on the same midi channel. You use the preset buttons matching the post preset number of the xt1 preset. Then you tell the Axe Fx to map that preset to the Axe Fx preset number you want.

For example, if you want to use xt1 preset #3 with Axe Fx preset #17 you would set Axe Fx PC Mapping from 3 to 17.

When the MFC sends PC #3, the xt1 will get 3 and change to it. The Axe Fx will get 3 and change to 17.

Thanks a lot again. I will investigate pc mapping these days and I'll post here my experience to help other users

Hi again.
I continue to search for results but I do not advance. I have Axe, MFC and external pedal for the same MIDI channel. When I change values in the MFC menu edit>midi in the ProgChgMap section, they are not saved after pressing exit/save. What am I doing wrong?

I have selected in Mfc101 MIDI menu these settings:

Use Port Expansion
AxeFX Midi Ch 02 (the same in Axe and pedal)
Axe Fx TotalSync ON
AxeFX TxMap 001->001
Midi Rx Channel OFF
RxProgramChange OFF
ProgChgMap 000->001 (not change after save)

One more thing: if I change the MIDI channel only in the Mfc101 and in the AxFX, the external pedal continues responding in the same way

Sorry, I'm out of ideas here.

When you say "not saved" what do you mean?

Saving in MFC-EDIT only saves the file on your computer. You need to "send" it to the MFC whenever making changes.

Back
Top Bottom