Controlling a parameter in FM3 from external controller?

Does the UM-One have a MIDI Thru port or just a MIDI Out port. If it's the latter, there's probably a software setting somewhere to enable MIDI Thru. That will pass any messages it receives on to the next device.

I'm extremely frustrated.
I have now connected the LPD8 to my Mac and a Roland UM-One MkII also to the same Mac.
The UM-One MIDI connectors are connected to the correct MIDI contacts on the FM3.
MidiView confirms that the LPD8 is connected to the Mac and displays the correct values for what I do on the LPD8.
But my frustration is that I can't get the MIDI from the LPD8 through the UM-One to the FM3.
I have opened Audio/MID on my Mac but don't know how to connect it all. I have enclosed a screen shot.
I know I've read something about this here and I have searched for it but it seems to have vanished.
I'd appreciate any help I can get.

In Audio/MIDI Setup, you need to create a connection between the LPD8 and the UM-One.

Does the UM-One have a MIDI Thru port or just a MIDI Out port. If it's the latter, there's probably a software setting somewhere to enable MIDI Thru. That will pass any messages it receives on to the next device.
It's only MIDI In and MIDI Out. The thing is that I can route the LPD8 to the UM-One through Studio One. But that's one app too many to have to deal with.

In Audio/MIDI Setup, you need to create a connection between the LPD8 and the UM-One.
If I connect the LPD8 in the lower row I created myself to the UM-One I get a visual connection but there is no signal being forwarded.
If I try to connect the LPD8 in the upper row that was put there by the installation of the LPD8, the connection won't "stick".

If I connect the LPD8 in the lower row I created myself to the UM-One I get a visual connection but there is no signal being forwarded.
If I try to connect the LPD8 in the upper row that was put there by the installation of the LPD8, the connection won't "stick".

If it doesn't support virtual ports, the simplest thing is to just do the forwarding from the LPD8 to the UM-One in a DAW.

If it doesn't support virtual ports, the simplest thing is to just do the forwarding from the LPD8 to the UM-One in a DAW.
Yes, that works fine. But I remember reading that someone active on the forum made it work with the native Audio/MIDI in the Mac.
That would be preferable.

Cheers,

Mats N

Yes, that works fine. But I remember reading that someone active on the forum made it work with the native Audio/MIDI in the Mac.
That would be preferable.
Routing of MIDI in the Audio/MIDI Setup app? AFAIK, no, it can't do that. Maybe you're thinking of MIDIPipe?

Routing of MIDI in the Audio/MIDI Setup app? AFAIK, no, it can't do that. Maybe you're thinking of MIDIPipe?
No, I'm quite sure someone was routing something to an UM-One using the Audio/MDID setup. And it was in a thread were a LPD8 was mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom