Controlling a 3 with the MFC via XL+

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
I’m very close to ordering a 3 and am trying to figure out how best to get it setup for a show n about 3 weeks. I’m not big on buying a phantom power new cable for the mfc so I’m thinking how I could possibly just keep the mfc hooked to the XL+, then control the 3 with a midi cable from the XL. Then I can use Faslink.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It would be really cool if I could somehow get scenes to work in addition to IA’s with synced leds on the MFC.

Another though is to use the 3 for amps and cabs and use the 2 for fx so the IA’s sync. Maybe that’s too much trouble though and better to just use the XL until the FC comes out!

You would still be communicating via midi. It'd be no different than connecting the MFC to the III via midi.

It should be possible to set up scenes on the XL to make the IA states match the Axe III scene states. You wouldn't even need to use the same blocks, which could keep XL CPU% down.

For example you could have something like GEQ 1-4 in an XL preset (set MFC IAs to those functions) while the same CC#s actually control delay, pitch, reverb, chorus on the III.

It should be possible to set up scenes on the XL to make the IA states match the Axe III scene states. You wouldn't even need to use the same blocks, which could keep XL CPU% down.

For example you could have something like GEQ 1-4 in an XL preset (set MFC IAs to those functions) while the same CC#s actually control delay, pitch, reverb, chorus on the III.
I'm going to be hooking this up in the next couple days and give it a try.

So can someone elaborate on how to keep IAs sync'd up? If scene revert is on and you change an ia then choose a new scene will that IA light get reversed?

So can someone elaborate on how to keep IAs sync'd up? If scene revert is on and you change an ia then choose a new scene will that IA light get reversed?

You'd keep them synced by making the Axe II block states (whatever you choose with the same CC#s) match those of the Axe III scene for scene in each preset.

Scene revert determines what happens when returning to a scene where you made changes to block state w/ controller. The MFC should get the scene information and reflect the state correctly in any case.

Back
Top Bottom