Controller External Midi Gear w/MFX Bug/Question

favance

Power User
I'm trying to control a Motif ES Rack box from using the MFC, External Switches and a Volume Pedal connected to the MFC. The external device is on Midi Channel 2 (and so are the MFC XS and XP settings). The Axe-FX II is set to Channel 1. I can control the Motif when I turn ON the Midi Pass-thru and connect a Midi connection from the Axe-FX II (Midi Out/Pass-thru) it works. However, the MFC starts flashing furiously... How do I setup this up? Is there a bug in the MFC/Axe-FX that causes the MFC to flash continuously? Thanks in advance!

Anyone controlling external Midi gear from the MFC-101/Axe II w/the latest firmware? If so how? What settings on the MFC and Axe II?

So, I was finally able to determine what was happening. Once I turned on the "Midi Thru" switch on the Axe-FX, it appears it was sending midi messages out not only to the Axe-FX Midi Out/Thru port, but also to the MFC. In order to disable this, I had to turn OFF both the "Midi RX Channel" and the "Midi RxProgramChange" on the MFC. This cleared up the flashing issue.

Back
Top Bottom