[Controling the Tuner via MIDI on the G-System] - Help needed

So, I mainly use my G-System for the 4 pedals in the loops and the MIDI switching, now and then I use the onboard effects via the FX loop, but not always (the G's tuner is in the FX loop, so the speak, so in the time-based effects section), so, I need to be able to switch the Axe-Fx tuner on and off from a distance. Has anyone else encountered the same thing? Do I need two CC messages for activating the tuner and one for recall?

I just got a g system for integrating my rig (including axefx) and I actually would like to do the opposite, tho I don't think it's possible - allow the g system to mirror the tuner of the axe.

I think you should be able send a CC to activate the tuner, and that footswitch will act like an IA for the tuner.

Don't you like the g system's tuner? It's good for me, but axe seems to be more accurate.

I just got a g system for integrating my rig (including axefx) and I actually would like to do the opposite, tho I don't think it's possible - allow the g system to mirror the tuner of the axe.

I think you should be able send a CC to activate the tuner, and that footswitch will act like an IA for the tuner.

Don't you like the g system's tuner? It's good for me, but axe seems to be more accurate.
The thing is, the tuner is at the effects block, and when you don't bring the G-System's effects in via the FX loop of the Axe, you don't get any signal to the tuner. I don't always use all the effects on the G-System. I don't want it to mess with my signal if it doesn't have to (because it does a little), so I don't connect the FX loop block.

Well I sold my g system a little while ago, but if I remember, here's what you have to do:

On G system, you'll have to configure a button (G system calls them switches) to send a midi CC. I learned that the g system will not activate it's fx AND send a cc for some reason...anyways...once you have that set up.....

Go to the axe, hit I/O->cntrl->scroll to tuner->hit enter, and it will say learning. Hit the button on the g system you want to be the tuner, and that should be it.

Very cool! I'll give that a shot! Awesome! Thanks! I remember, indeed, that the G-System won't send out CC's AND switch the effect. It's weird, but okay.
Now to find out again how the G needs to be programmed to send out a CC and which button to sacrifice for that. Probably the Boost button.

Yea, I used the boost button myself. That and the wah were the first to go :/ I really wasn't too impressed with the wah (and I always found it impressive in demos :/ )

Re-downloaded to manual to check - I remembered that it was a PITA to navigate that thing :/ Us axe users have it easy in comparison! :lol

It's on pg 44-45 - you have to set the 'switch' to MIDI CC, and then either set the axe to that number, or do like lazy old me and use the 'learn' feature :lol

Well for MIDI, i think the tuner, program change message and tempo should be about it. I used a couple preamps in the fx loop of the axe, and used the G system to switch them in/out, with the G system providing not only the switching, but the fx for the preamps as well. Very cool ;) One thing I learned that the G couldn't do again was to have one loop dis-engaged by engaging another loop, I found a workaround by placing both loops next to each other and stomping on them both. Not ideal, and you'd get a slight pop, but it worked for the while. If I can think of any other random tidbits I'll post 'em up

I see! Well, when I switch effects, or sounds altogether, I normally just go to the next patch. Once my effects are programmed, they're good to go.
Thanks for all the help!

anything to help out another g system user find a way out of all the frustration! :lol

Back
Top Bottom