Control tuner mute via IA switch's

waylander69

Inspired
Hi
Looking for a little guidance, since I don't know much about IA switch's and messages
Is it possible to config an IA switch to toggle the tuner mute function ?

any help much appreciated
cheers
G \../

Just assign an IA switch to the tuner and set the Tuner on the Axe-Fx to Input Mute.

Sorry I was a little lacking in the original description
I have and use an mfc to access the tuner function
But I want to toggle between having the tuner muted or not muted when tuner is fixable

Cheers
G \../

Just a suggestion. You could add a volume block to each patch at the front of the line. In the volume block when its enabled set the volume to zero and when disables your not muted. Then assign the volume block to a button on the MFC. In Axe Edit you could save the block as you set it up in the block menu so you could just select it as tweaked so you don't have to adjust for every patch you add it to.

Sorry I was a little lacking in the original description
I have and use an mfc to access the tuner function
But I want to toggle between having the tuner muted or not muted when tuner is fixable

Cheers
G \../

I believe the tuner mute option can only be changed via the front panel. There is a workaround though. Tom's volume block idea is on the right track. You can take it a step further by setting one of the extra external controllers in the Axe to the same MIDI CC# as the tuner function (CC#15) and then assign that controller to the bypass mode of the volume block. That would make that volume block turn on and off when you turn the tuner on and off. If you then assign the volume control parameter to a switch you could use that as your mute toggle. If the switch is on, the volume block would be full up and the tuner would not be muted when turned on. If the switch is off, the volume block would be full off and the tuner would then be muted. When the tuner is off, the volume block would be bypassed and would have no effect.

Back
Top Bottom