Bug? Control Switches in Drive Block Causing Device Freeze

kywabunga

Inspired
Playing around with one of my kitchen sink presets and ran across what I think might be a bug. I have a control switch on the Mix control of my Drive block, but when I assign the same or any other control switch to the Gain control, my unit freezes and requires a reboot. I've had freezes caused immediately, after a few seconds, or only after adjusting Control Switch values. Tested on 6.01 & 6.02 beta. Freeze occurs wether FM3 edit is used, or disconnected from the computer and using the onboard controls.

Attachments

• test.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
I am using 6.02 beta. I am having this same issue.

FM3 freezes when I attach a Pitch Follower to Drive block's Drive knob. But, the freezing only happens when Klon drive is in use. Other types of drives work fine with pitch follower.
update: 1.4.2023 - it is not just Klon, other types of drives can cause the crash too if a pitch follower is attached to Drive-knob

Last edited:
I was going to create a new thread but it seems correlated..
I'm facing random freezes (I can still hear the guitar but the FM3 is stuck and the editor keeps loading) while dealing with controllers (in particular the scene controller on the Klon).

First 3 freezes occurred when trying to add a scene controller to the Klon gain, the last freeze was while playing and switching from Lead to Clean.

Notes:
  • the cab is random here, I'm using a 3rd party IR
  • I'm using only 1 scene controller (changing 10 different values) and 1 control switch
  • CPU is at 65% average
  • Firmware 7
  • First 3 freezes where always in the same point (try to add the scene controller, freeze, restart unit + edit)

Attachments

• RRbutteryLive.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
If this can help the freeze happened right now.
Playing with the preset, I was trying to change the min value of the Klon gain to a bigger value... and freeze!

Back
Top Bottom