Control Switch Modifier Lag Problem

SoProg

Inspired
Hey all.

So, I was one of those people who was posting a bunch about an issue I was experiencing when making a clean/rhythm/lead preset using amp gain modifiers. The problem was that when I would change scenes going from high gain to low, there would be a very loud sound, seemingly because when the scene changed, everything would do what it was supposed to, except the modifier on the gain control would go last, or just late, so for a fraction of a second, everything would be LOUD. This made me very freaked out and worried I'd have to return the unit, as using gain modifiers in the first place was already a big compromise for me, in order to have seamless switching at the expense of a good clean tone.
But then a couple of firmwares later, FAS worked their usual magic, and the problem was suddenly resolved!

K, so, the new problem is almost exactly the same.
This time, I'm taking advantage of the new control switch feature, and using its on/off state as a pseudo Scene source modifier... I know there is a better way to explain that... :veryconfused:

So, for instance, going from scene 3 to scene 1, the relevant changes are:
1)amp input drive reduced via scene controller 1
2)filter block level increased to compensate via scene controller 2
3) amp input trim reduced via activating control switch 1 (to make my clean sound cleaner, this is the new addition to my preset that I'm having trouble with.)

THE PROBLEM:
Much like the anecdote I prefaced this with, when switching from a louder scene to a quieter one, it seems like the control switch is now lagging, in the exact same was that the scene modifier was before it was fixed in an update. I get a very loud, very brief, burst of sound between the scenes.

I know that there is probably a theoretical way to do everything with just the 2 scene modifiers.. but that is a crazy balancing act when working with %s and trying to find a happy medium using only 2 knobs to control 3 delicate parameters.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has a similar problem, or if I'm the only one. Or if, like last time, this is just how it is for now, and I'll wait for fractal to magically fix it next FW.

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom