Control Switch inquiry

L

luke

Maybe I am over estimating the power of the control switch.

Scenario:

I am using all four amplifiers in the AMP block and other CPU usage prevents me from adding AMP2.

I want to control input drive in CH A and CH C, but different amounts since they are different amp types via modifiers assigned to CS 1 & CS 4.

I had set up using FC switch 3's (by per preset) hold to CS1 to alter CH A's amp.

I then added FC switch 5 to CS4 to alter CH C.

However I have come to realize when I changed the Modifier to CS4, even though in a different channel, it overrode and removed CS1 in the other channel.

If I try to use the secondary modifier, the flexibility to have two different states does not exist.

For example: One CH A I want input drive to start at 2 and go to 4, and on CH C I want input drive to go from 3 to 5.

Scene Controllers would be the option to use in this case. Use scenes and controllers to change Amp channels and Input Drive levels. You could then use Control Switches in place of scenes to turn on/off other effects, levels, etc....

Typically adding a 2nd Amp block doesn't increase CPU used because amp modeling runs on a dedicated processor. Have you tried it?

Typically adding a 2nd Amp block doesn't increase CPU used because amp modeling runs on a dedicated processor. Have you tried it?
I haven’t since I was already at 85% after reducing reverb quality, etc. I hadn’t thought about the separate path for the amps.

Back
Top Bottom