Control Scenes via midi or other device?

Sharka

Experienced
Greetings,

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked a million times, but through my immediate searching I didn't see the an answer.

In summary, I would just like to use a small device, pedal, midi, or whatever to change Scenes (not presets).

I have a MFC-101 and Mission pedals, but I'm doing some small venue-short sets with only a few presets. Basically, I'm just looking for a quick setup and would like to avoid all the hassle of bringing a large board that's not really needed. I can get away with a few scenes (right tool for the right job).

I have a few other smaller midi devices that hopefully can do the job (ART X-11, Rockton Midi-Mate (legacy)). Or if you know of something even smaller (cooler), by all means I'm up for suggestions.

Hopefully I can achieve this without affecting the existing setup to the MFC-101, or at least minimal as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Preset scenes - Axe-Fx II Wiki

A few sections down the page you'll see a section called Scenes: switching scenes.

There are a variety of options, but you'll have to sort out what your gear can do and what works for your application.

Thanks shasha. The mapping option seems to work with my ART X-11. It's a bit esoteric, but it works.

Provided the already can't be done (to my knowledge)... It would be really sweet if I could use the XL onboard pedal jacks to INCREMENT/DECREMENT "scenes" instead of "programs". Perhaps that's a whish list item?

Thanks shasha. The mapping option seems to work with my ART X-11. It's a bit esoteric, but it works.

Provided the already can't be done (to my knowledge)... It would be really sweet if I could use the XL onboard pedal jacks to INCREMENT/DECREMENT "scenes" instead of "programs". Perhaps that's a whish list item?

You can change scene up down with switch jacks on axe back panel by midi cc# commands to switch jack. you can set to go up with one switch

You can change scene up down with switch jacks on axe back panel by midi cc# commands to switch jack. you can set to go up with one switch

Cool... Got it! That's huge! Now I don't even need a midi pedal, I can just use a simple BOSS FS-6 pedal to scroll through the scenes. This is AWESOME!

Of course I would prefer my MFC board, but gig's in the city are a pain in the ass as it is, rush on/off... This will take a lot of edge off my setup time (and less shit to carry).

Thanks!

...and Happy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom