Control output level

Casper777

Hello guys

Just wanted to know how you guy control and adjust the output level of your presets?

I get very different results even using same amps and cabs, all with output levels at 0, so I use the master level.

Is there a more accurate way ot matching presets output, apart from our ears?

Thanks for your input :)

What do you mean output level set to zero?

Use the VU meters on the unit and the amp block level control.

The master volume is a “feel” and power amp compression control (and some amps didn’t have a master, so it should stay dimed for them).

Use the Amp block level control as Smittefar says, and don’t worry about the actual value of the level. It can be wildly different - amps come in different sizes and volumes. The Amp block level control ensures they can all sound roughly the same volume.

The master volume is a “feel” and power amp compression control (and some amps didn’t have a master, so it should stay dimed for them).

Use the Amp block level control as Smittefar says, and don’t worry about the actual value of the level. It can be wildly different - amps come in different sizes and volumes. The Amp block level control ensures they can all sound roughly the same volume.

Thanks for the clarification! That's what I will do. Yes was surprised about this fact that different amps can have different levels for the same amp block level value. This is due to the fact that on the Kemper (yes I was a former Kemper user ;) ) the amps are leveled about the same for a given amp level value.

Thanks dude.

I use the VU meters also and remember that essentially you are trying to balance the relative value - an important distinction. So just bang the guitar the way you would with the preset and have it balance mostly around 0db and everything will work when you are done with all your presets.

I bought a popular preset recentky and just found when I play it through the VU it maxs out.. I thought it was a gig ready reset... so I have to turn them down to 0db?

I bought a popular preset recentky and just found when I play it through the VU it maxs out.. I thought it was a gig ready reset... so I have to turn them down to 0db?
I usually try to get my presets / scenes around 0dB at first and then match by my ears.

Turning them down that you have enough headroom is always good. "Maxed out" sounds to me like it will clip the output.
More interestingly, I usually encounter this if I use amps with the master control AFTER the phase inverter and turning of power amplifier modeling. Before changing anything on the preset, I would check if you have power amp modeling globally deactivated (First page in the global menu).

Back
Top Bottom