Control looper and other momentary switches from DAW

Carmacore

Hi Guys,
my II is now back from repair after the fire in my rehearsal room and while I´m about to create all the old sounds again I also want to get rid of my MFC live.
Changing of presets and scenes as well as expression curves work propertly. But i just cant force the looper to do his work. Same thing with the tap. I used to change the speed of delay live to create that funny glitch sound.
I can´t find any tutorrial in internet or any similar topic on this forum.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks

What messages are you sending to control the looper and tap tempo?

Check the I/O menu CTRL page for the current CC# assignments.
Default CC#'s are:
14 = Tap Tempo
28 = Looper Record
29 = Looper Play
30 = Looper Once
31 = Looper Dub
32 = Looper Rev
33 = Looper Bypass
120 = Looper Half
121 = Looper Undo
122 = Metronome

Values 0 through 63 = OFF
Values 64 through 127 = ON
Momentary functions are usually triggered with an ON value (64 through 127)

I made a Midi track for every parameter. So like envelope CC 14 for the tap. The automation starts with 0 then goes to 127 for the lenght af a 4th note and again down to 0. It repeats twice but the tempo change caused by midi is kind of wrong. In fact you can already hear some changes while the first value 127 CC is sent. This is not the behavior of the footswitch. I was trying to make a similar thing to the looper CC 28 fitst 0 then 127 and again 0, nothing...no record, no playback. CC 29 after the 28 track, also nothing. I going to try to record Midi from my MFC directly to Ableton tracks. Hope it will work.

Update:
Tap Tempo works fine now. Still cant get the loop. I am also unable to record the controller data from the MFC to Ableton. I see the signal but it just does not want to be recorded. Any Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom