Control DAW from FCB1010 through Axe FX 2 XL+

sjhuk

Hey - prefacing this as being a hobbyist musician!

• I have Cubase as my DAW
  • Axe FX 2 XL+ plugged into laptop using USB
  • Have FCB1010 with Eureka chip plugged into Axe FX using MIDI cables

I want to record some orchestra stuff through my DAW, but don't have an expression wheel as I record on a Yamaha Aries YDP161 digital piano. I was wondering what the best way is to use the FCB1010 expression pedal to control the orchestra (which I think will be some simple thing through Kontakt or another VST - will choose based on this answer).

Do I need to plug the FCB1010 into the laptop (I have some USB adaptor thing so that should work), or can I keep it plugged into the Axe FX 2 XL+?

Any ideas welcome

Does your piano have midi? What are you trying to control while recording? I had in the past used a midi uno to connect an fcb to my laptop to control things in studio one. But I think this could be done through the axe fx as an interface. Not sure though of the programing of eureka chip, programing the stock fcb was a tap dance session.

If you want to pass MIDI from a hardware controller connected to the Axe-Fx II through to the DAW (without messing up your Axe's established controller assignments) you will need to employ a third-party MIDI interface on the MIDI THRU port. I'd recommend a DIN-to-USB MIDI device, for example a Roland UM-One Mark II. There are probably cheaper options but the Roland is very reliable. Also you could use a bluetooth/wireless device on that port like something from CME's WIDI range.

Back
Top Bottom