Wish control 2 blocks or more with one switch

JoeR43

I would love to be able to hit one switch and turn on (off) lead volume and delay. This would give me more available switches. Since I only use boost and delay together for my lead tone, instead of pressing 2 on and 2 off always, I hit one switch and they both go on or off together..

Sorry if I missed a note that this is possible, fairly new to fractal and I looked for this feature but could not seem to find it.

I would love to be able to hit one switch and turn on (off) lead volume and delay. This would give me more available switches. Since I only use boost and delay together for my lead tone, instead of pressing 2 on and 2 off always, I hit one switch and they both go on or off together..

Sorry if I missed a note that this is possible, fairly new to fractal and I looked for this feature but could not seem to find it.

In the Axe, change the lead volume block CC# to the same CC# as your Delay. Now your Delay button will control both. I do the same thing with the Drive 1 block and Volume3 because I like to dial down the overall volume boost that results from a drive going into a clean amp.

Oh, and record the change somewhere so you'll have record of it if you ever have to reset your system parameters.
-
Austin

In the Axe, change the lead volume block CC# to the same CC# as your Delay. Now your Delay button will control both. I do the same thing with the Drive 1 block and Volume3 because I like to dial down the overall volume boost that results from a drive going into a clean amp.

Oh, and record the change somewhere so you'll have record of it if you ever have to reset your system parameters.
-
Austin
this does work, but not a good idea for any one that does not have a solid grasp on what is happening. if any one does do this, definitely make notes because if you for get and change things around this can cause a lot of trouble.

wild card switch is one of the safest, easiest, and can be set to different things for different patches. The down fall is not having lights to reflect the effect states, but this has never bothered me. I try to remember what my main patches do because there is to much going on playing live to constantly look down at the pedal board. I like to have my wild cards on external switches that I can stomp with out looking or lifting my foot to a second or third row of switches(I save those for things that can be switched before playing starts).

this does work, but not a good idea for any one that does not have a solid grasp on what is happening. if any one does do this, definitely make notes because if you for get and change things around this can cause a lot of trouble.

I guess it depends on how you're using it. I literally use the structure I mentioned in every preset I have that uses a Drive 1 block, so it wouldn't make sense for me to use a wildcard. If the OP is using the lead volume delay structure in every preset, then it would make sense to dedicate it. Otherwise, a wildcard switch would make sense.
-
Austin

I guess it depends on how you're using it. I literally use the structure I mentioned in every preset I have that uses a Drive 1 block, so it wouldn't make sense for me to use a wildcard. If the OP is using the lead volume delay structure in every preset, then it would make sense to dedicate it. Otherwise, a wildcard switch would make sense.
-
Austin
I understand why you do it. I am just saying, down the road when the user forgets the midi #s are changed or the unit gets sold and they are trying to control just the delay, then there is a "when I turn on a delay with my mfc" Bug thread

Back
Top Bottom