Continuous airy hiss on headphones

shemihazazel

Fractal Fanatic
Got a problem with my III. Don't matter how much I mess with the input gate settings. I can completely mute input and the noise is still there, regardless of preset. This isn't a problem on my Axe-II. It's totally silent when I'm not playing. On the III sounds almost like analog record hiss. Suggestions?

If it helps narrow it down, I use Blue MoFi headphones. There's less noise when I turn off their power amp and turn up the output on my AxeIII, but even then, my III is significantly noisier than my II.

I have a hard time believing it's a global setting, given that the noise persists even when the whole signal chain is muted.

Might just be because of a difference of headphone output impedance between the II and III, and how it interacts with particular headphones. It's not necessarily anything to do with the inherent noise level or quality per say of the III's headphone out. III is 35 ohms headphone output, can't find what the II is.

Hmm, I noticed this when I was a/b-ing to convert my patches. I’ll check a blank patch later to see if it is there when I don’t have any blocks active.

i have plugged only one guitar on front input

I would not be misunderstood: it's not a slight rustle or background noise, it's very obvious, too much foreground, it can not be normal
Record the Headphones output and let us hear

Back
Top Bottom