Conspiracy theorists are crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That plus the footswitch part of the MT-2 circuit (which was not removed in the diagram).

Heh in so many ways the Internet has jumped-the-shark...I've gone out of my way to not read any Internet news for almost a month now and can honestly say I'm much better frame of mind. Have been keeping up on Covid cases locally and what the province/Federal governments are doing regarding the pandemic but man, it's so nice not to read, day-in-day-out, about....the lunacy and idiocy that has somehow become mainstream and 'normalized'.

Funny how little effort was put into this as well...it's not even a clever fake.

Last edited:
By not taking it seriously. You know what I mean.

Actually, I don’t. Hence the question...respectfully.

How can I possibly know what you personal definition of “lighthearted” is? I know what I believe to be reasonable but even that is doesn’t fly anymore. So the question is legitimate.

All I can go by is the posted rules...and yet it seems to go beyond that lately. It seems we have gone beyond the rules and into personal sensibilities...a lot. Just saying. There is definite pattern here from specific moderators.

Ban me if you must.

Either have fun with it, or back away. Pretty clear that you don't go into a serious conversation about what people think that will devolve into a mess.

Make a joke. It's pretty simple.

Some relevant forum rules (reminding myself as well):
  • Attacks, insults or harassment of others will not be tolerated.
  • No politics, no religion.

Either have fun with it, or back away. Pretty clear that you don't go into a serious conversation about what people think that will devolve into a mess.

Make a joke. It's pretty simple.

Reading your mind is simple???

It’s pretty simple for you seeing as how you are using your personal definitions...and we are left to guess as to what that may be...and get deleted if we guess wrong.

So now my responses have to conform to what you perceive is a joke or lightheartedness?

What happened to just following the rules? Have I made a personal attack on anyone here? Have I ever mentioned specifics of politics or religion, or promoted another product.....? The answer is no I have not.

God forbid that a community can’t exchange thoughts or ideas respectfully because it may challenge the preconceived notions of a small handful of otherwise good people...fight the good fight brother, and keep those minds safe from the dangerous thinkers out there.

An additional rule I missed:
  • Respect the moderators and the founders of the forum. The moderators do their job without pay and graciously dedicate their time.
Another rule that wasn’t violated.

I have Nothing but respect for them and know the intent is right. However, it’s gotten ridiculous in the last couple of months...and has nothing to do with the rules.

Yeah, yeah, I know private board...free speech doesn’t exist I get that. But when we can only post things conform to the moderators beliefs or politics...then what’s the point of having a lounge section in the first place?

Yes, certain topics run the risk of running amok, and there are certainly members who will bait those...but why pull threads/posts when everyone is obeying the stated rules?

It’s entirely predictable, and yet in most cases...unnecessary.

Disagreeing with someone (in a civil manner) should be encouraged... it’s how we progress.

Heh in so many ways the Internet has jumped-the-shark...I've gone out of my way to not read any Internet news for almost a month now and can honestly say I'm much better frame of mind. Have been keeping up on Covid cases locally and what the province/Federal governments are doing regarding the pandemic but man, it's so nice not to read, day-in-day-out, about....the lunacy and idiocy that has somehow become mainstream and 'normalized'.

Funny how little effort was put into this as well...it's not even a clever fake.
Exactly that. Do this since 3 weeks and great to see the time I've got left since.

Over the last year I made a rule for myself- no more politics/news after 5pm and none at all on the weekends. While I don’t get overly wrapped up in politics, I found it was still adding a bit of stress/anxiety by spending hours reading/discussing it. Not a lot, but enough that I noticed a difference when I limited myself.

While I don’t consider myself a conspiracy theorist, I love reading about them and love seeing the “creativity” of some of the guys getting into the deep end. There’s a forum I’ve been a member of for almost 10 years (AboveTopSecret.com, which kind of went full politics over the last 4 years) and I can go down rabbit holes for hours if I don’t stop myself. Even though I don’t take it all that seriously, staying in that mind frame for too long....I can see how conspiracy theorists start losing their marbles.

I would get the shot ASAP, because the grapevine is telling me that the next batch of vaccine will include the Miku circuit. :0’

1. The internet lets likeminded people find each other and reinforce each other's crazy in an echo chamber. And there's a lot echo chambers currently.

2. I deeply worry if I'm in them myself and if I could still tell.

3. And sadly conspiracy theorists and alternate media wouldn't get this much traction if the mainstream media weren't so incredibly biased and untrustworthy. They make the North Korean state news look trustworthy in comparison.
Three of the most true and insightful statements I have read in any forum, anywhere, in one post. Very, very well stated, @Muad'zin !

This,
" mainstream media weren't so incredibly biased and untrustworthy. "

could easily be considered a "conspiracy theory". Mainstream media? It is virtually impossible to have an intellectual discussion of all of this without offending someone somewhere.
So yes, I will leave this 1984 themed thread.

So I get my second COVID vaccine on Friday. Does that mean I get to boost the current Metal Zone in my head with ANOTHER Metal Zone????!!!! That’s gonna be glorious. I can’t wait!!!!!

While I don’t consider myself a conspiracy theorist, I love reading about them and love seeing the “creativity” of some of the guys getting into the deep end. There’s a forum I’ve been a member of for almost 10 years (AboveTopSecret.com, which kind of went full politics over the last 4 years) and I can go down rabbit holes for hours if I don’t stop myself. Even though I don’t take it all that seriously, staying in that mind frame for too long....I can see how conspiracy theorists start losing their marbles.
Careful! I consider what you are doing quite dangerous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom