Closed Consolidation of block to improve the 4 channels

It could be interesting to have the mod blocks (eg flanger, chorus, phaser) consolidated in 1 global block (eg MOD). It would expand the flexibility of the 4 channels.

How would it, actually? (I really don't understand it, meaning no offense)
I have a preset where I use more combinations than I may get from one block with 4 channels, so I cannot imagine how it would be more flexible :)

How would it, actually? (I really don't understand it, meaning no offense)
I have a preset where I use more combinations than I may get from one block with 4 channels, so I cannot imagine how it would be more flexible :)
Let me explain. If I use 1 block for chorus I can just choose among 4 different chorus for the 4 channels (it's quite useless in this case). If on the other hand the block would consolidate multiple modulations I could use in each channel a different fx (e.g. phaser, chorus, trem, etc). It came to my mind because quite often I've seen multiple modulations consolidated in the same "block" (e.g. Line6, TC Helicon Voice Live3) or devices (e.g. Strymon Moebius, TC Nova Modulator, etc). So it would be a great advantage for a device with limited resources as FM3. Today, if I need for example a trem and a chorus, or a flanger and a chorus in 2 different scenes I have to use 2 blocks and sometimes it's not possible. If the modulations would be consolidated in 1 block I could use different effects in the different scenes using the same block (less resources).

Last edited:
Okay, I think I understand what you mean.
The problem is that you adding a black box approach where you may run into problems (e.g. high CPU jump when switching between two complete different types for modulation effects).
Otherwise - granted that one may want a different representation.

The "multi mod" block more or less exists already - the multitap delay block. Several modes allow you to add chorus to the delay lines in addition to comb filtering, ring modulation and diffusion.

The "multi mod" block more or less exists already - the multitap delay block. Several modes allow you to add chorus to the delay lines in addition to comb filtering, ring modulation and diffusion.

Brilliant! It's not exactly the same but it can do the trick. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom