Console Tool to generate a Cubase AxeFX presets script for the Midi Device Manager!

fab-gm

Inspired
Hi Guys so I just developed a small console program in c# after lunch that generates automatically a Cubase Midi Device Script file from an Axe Edit Presets exports:

For Cubase 12, copy this generated file in Windows to this path (also create a fas directory):
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 12_64\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\fas

For Mac users, the root directory is something like (the fas directory might need to be created first time as specified below):
/Users/UserName/Library/Preferences/Cubase 12/Scripts/Patchnames/inactive/fas

Note 1: Replace UserName is is your Windows user name.
Note 2: Similar locations exist for previous Cubase versions.

Here's the result file that can be directly imported in Cubase Midi Device Manager for a default preset list (for those just willing to test the script first and/or have fun with default presets (see attachment).

Should work in principle with any FAS devices even though I did not test the other models

Source code in github with a prebuilt version for Windows: HERE
Mac users should be also able to quickly generate the tool with MS Visual Studio for Mac

1662328306366.png
1662328507674.png

Attachments

• AxeFX3.txt
    28.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
If you have Cubase, it allows you to convert the preset names exported via AxeEdit to a midi device in Cubase where you can pick the preset directly (up to preset 1023 so it also handles bank changes).

If you just want to use the script for the new Axe FX midi device in Cubase, you can use my attachment but no custom presets are there (your presets)

Last edited:
Here's the Github link with prebuilt version of the tool for windows:
HERE
Mac users should be also able to quickly generate the tool with MS Visual Studio for Mac

Back
Top Bottom