Considering Upgrading From II-XL to III as a bass player.

Tsunamijuan

Inspired
So I have been using my II-XL for about 5 years now (3 years in the band). Which has been great but I am starting to need more I/O channels. Like needing the ability to have some send and returns for external pedals.

I can't really use output two as an fx loop on my current setup. Due to a mix of band politics so I can have my in ear setup independent of everything. Also with the passing of one of our guitarists. I am needing to fill more sonic space than I previously did.

My concern is that I primarily use the "FAS Bass" amp block, as my main amp. Does anyone know of any glaring difference between the modeling and behavior in the II-XL too the III. That would force me to stick with the older unit. I figured someone else might have some experience with this, and potentially save me some trouble. Or something else that might be a glaring difference between the units behavior.

Thanks in advance to everyone taking the time to read this and potentially respond, its greatly appreciated.

I was using IIXL+ for few years (still have it), beginning of this year I switched over to III. There is a major difference between II and III - III sounds "fuller" , especially lately with Speaker Impedance Curve parameter. I am using mostly SV and USA bass amps - and III sounds much better.

I am using following I/O's:

In 1 rear - bass input from wireless
In 3 - stereo input of IEM mix

Out 1 - power amp
Out 2 - out for IEM mixer and out to FOH
Out 3 - stereo mix into wireless IEM

In the presets I have few blocks that allow me to control IEM/patch level, or bypass patch into out 3 so to have only IEM mix including bass form out2.

Works great for me, I am really happy with III.

Awesome sounds like i am on the right track for an upgrade than. Fuller is a definite positive.

Sounds like your doing something very similar to what I am doing currently.

Besides maybe some general improvements in the modelling I think there is not much (if any) added specific for bass in the III(?).

Back
Top Bottom