Considering Matrix Over Fryette PS-2, thoughts & opinions?

Variable

Inspired
So, I like my PS2. However, I always find myself wondering if I'm getting as "close" as I can to having the actual amp being modeled with my guitar cabs. While the PS2 is very transparent, where I find myself challenged is in the HF and LF resonances. I turn those down in the speaker page since the PS2 handles that.

However, I wonder what the actual values might be on the PS2 itself; how does its interaction with a speaker load resonate in the HF and LF, and what might be different than the actual amp I'm modeling? And am I making the amp model less accurate by zeroing out the HF and LF resonance?

Basically, I'm on a quest to get as close to the actual amp sound as possible since that's the best cure for GAS I've found (can't speak on the guitar side of the aisle, though, there's always another Les Paul I've got my eye on!). That's why I'm considering a Matrix power amp as a possible alternative, since I would leave the HF and LF at their defaults, and because 1.16 Beta 2 for the Axe 3 now has the SS+Cab output option.

Thoughts? Am I overthinking this?

Back
Top Bottom