Considering Axe Fx Ultra - Is it right for me? Line6 user

shred-o-holic said:
I can't believe you haven't seen/heard much metal stuff. Go on myspace and type in Enditol or go to Bulb's or Tesseract's myspace. Just 3 examples of much awesome Axe-FX Metal right now. Yeah I had a Spider Jam which is actually a cool combo but it's light years behind what an Axe-Fx can do. You'll be laughing at this thread after you own an Axe-Fx for a couple of months I bet... :roll: :lol:

Well I just started reading about the Axe FX this past week and now have heard enough to confirm that it does indeed put out great metal tones. :) Thing was when I first started reading some reviews online I came across a couple reviews who said they wished there were some higher gain amps for a better metal tone so I assumed the Axe was better for more rock tones with less bite but after my extensive research I am now convinced otherwise. I cant wait to get my Axe Fx! It really does sound fantastic! I'll be ordering it this week. I am still trying to finalize which power amp and cab I want to get. I may go with a SLA-1 and a Mesa 2X12.

I used a POD Pro for a long while. Shortly after I got the Axe-Fx, I donated the POD to my church and, unlike other gear I gotten rid of in the past, I don't miss the POD a bit.

JohnRaptor said:
shred-o-holic said:
I can't believe you haven't seen/heard much metal stuff. Go on myspace and type in Enditol or go to Bulb's or Tesseract's myspace. Just 3 examples of much awesome Axe-FX Metal right now. Yeah I had a Spider Jam which is actually a cool combo but it's light years behind what an Axe-Fx can do. You'll be laughing at this thread after you own an Axe-Fx for a couple of months I bet... :roll: :lol:

Thing was when I first started reading some reviews online I came across a couple reviews who said they wished there were some higher gain amps for a better metal tone so I assumed the Axe was better for more rock tones with less bite but after my extensive research I am now convinced otherwise.

Yeah be convinced otherwise. Not everyone who spews opinions on the internet is playing with a full deck obviously........Metal tones are simply amazing..........that's why it's laughable if someone is posting otherwise......I hope your 2x12 is stereo..........going stereo for metal is a must for me to get huge crushing 3D tone... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom