Considering an Axe, have a few questions.

• Thread starter Deleted member 79338
  • Start date
Can you record various elements of the signal chain for example have a great lead sound with a stereo delay in the loop but only record the stack without the delay?

There are definitely ways to do this, but the best way depends on your gear and monitoring arrangement. You can certainly send the main dry signal path to Output 1 (for example) and record output 1 on your DAW. You now have 3 other outputs that can be used for just wet FX, or even a balanced wet/dry mix. What you can do with those other outputs depends on how you monitor.

Hey, I'd just want to simply add up to the info you already have above with some confirmations regarding using any microphone over the axe3. I just use my old Scarlet Focusrite interface for the Phantom power I need for my mic. Also friends of mine have no complaints about connecting their SM7b's. You just need external equipment for the gain and power thing.

One more thing, about re-amping.
If things are routed correctly and the signal chains aren't too heavy. You can actually re-amp 2 tracks at the same time :).

Good luck, this thing is great !

Cheers all

I have very little recording requirements in regard to ASIO performance. My tracks generally have Superior Drummer, Bass and around 10 guitar tracks with 3 for vocals. Double track is as far as I go with guitars and vocals are mostly double/triple tracked so I have very basic requirements in regard to what I expect the soundcard to provide.

Monitoring is purely via my HS7's as I don't use a cab or any FRFR (live I would use a cab as FRFR just doesn't work sonically for me plus I don't mind carting heavy gear around if the tone is right.)

Very interested in the reamp of two tracks, never thought of doing that from two separate DI takes before as I have never had the gear to do it.

Man I am very excited about this, I am more interested in the sound than the features but the features are so rich.

Plus just watched this by @ProgressiveRocco and I am sold already......

Its the tone of tones, and a JJ100 would cost me more than the Axe 🤘:astonished:🤘

Cheers all

I have very little recording requirements in regard to ASIO performance. My tracks generally have Superior Drummer, Bass and around 10 guitar tracks with 3 for vocals. Double track is as far as I go with guitars and vocals are mostly double/triple tracked so I have very basic requirements in regard to what I expect the soundcard to provide.

Monitoring is purely via my HS7's as I don't use a cab or any FRFR (live I would use a cab as FRFR just doesn't work sonically for me plus I don't mind carting heavy gear around if the tone is right.)

Very interested in the reamp of two tracks, never thought of doing that from two separate DI takes before as I have never had the gear to do it.

Man I am very excited about this, I am more interested in the sound than the features but the features are so rich.

Its the tone of tones, and a JJ100 would cost me more than the Axe 🤘:astonished:🤘

yes its easy as hell to record a dry track and a processed track together and then reamp the dry track with just one click. i was honestly surprised how convenient it is.

I'd have paid for a Mesa JP2C around the same money. When I compared the amp to the model, I now no longer want to own a JP2C because Im confident I have that sound here. Many of us own and still love amps, pedals etc but with the Fractal, there is seldom reason to purchase another anymore.
Right? I was this close to buying a DR-504 and started looking at high-end attenuators, then realized it would cost considerably less to get a modeler. The 15-day money back guarantee made it a no-brainer.

It's funny, I have been eyeing up a Mesa Dual, Revv G20, an SC20h, a Mesa Mark V and an Orange Thunderverb.

By comparison the Axe is a lot cheaper, less cabling and I won't need 10 bloody attenuator/load boxes.

Honestly speaking I have not looked at eBay or Facebook Marketplace since placing the order. As far I am concerned I have not bought an Axe FX, I have purchased £2500 of GAS Therapy.

Cheers all

Thanks dude! That patch is gonna sound even better on Cygnus! 🔥

I use it as a soundcard and have had no problems with it. Reamping is brutally easy and convenient.

I own a Dual rec and had a Mark V and you won’t be missing on absolutely anything, sound and feel-wise. The amps look cool tho but that’s the only point.

As far as amps go in general, having an amp model is like having an amp here, that said, if what troubles you is finding a good JCM800 then look no further. The 2204 in the Axe is probably the best sounding 800 I’ve played.

Just my 2 cents.

@Raab90

That's great new about your experience with it as your soundcard. Reamping is something I miss a lot, I am looking forward to being able to stereo reamp......that's a new level for me.

It's the midgain sounds that generally let modelling down for me. Clean is always great, edge of break up is ok, mid gain is usually very sterile and metal and heavier is where they shine. I am hoping the mid gain on the Axe is as good as the rest

That AIC tone put my fears to rest, if it sounds as good as that demo it will be money well spent.

Also great on the JCM800 patch, I'll be giving that a go too. So far I feel a little less daunted by the price as the Mesa and Marshall sounds I am hearing are all great

Just got my confirmation email from G66, it's going to be a long wait until Thursday! Then again I have decorating to do and our first band practice since lockdown on Wednesday evening so probably good timing.

Back
Top Bottom