Considering a CLR after reading this glowing detailed review

Personnally I ordered the neo because my goal in getting the axe fx was to carry the less possible stuff around. I had a 5153 100w with 4x12 cabs and about 12-15 pedals.

We all know you love the CLR -- and of course well all know you don't shill for them ... and most importantly .. we all know you pay full price for the gear you review and keep..

That being said .. it seems to me you are defending an actual admitted shill who publicly stated the following on this forum:

1. He does not own an Axe-FX
2. Only purpose he comes to the FAS forum is to post about the CLR.

Seriously, as a mod I would think you would be all over this person, and at the very least demand that he provide full disclosure of any affiliations he might have with said company.

Again, we fully understand you are not pimping the product or shilling for the company ... but dude come on .. when someone actually admits the only reason they post here is to talk about the CLR and they do not even own an AXE-FX -- a solid straight up guy like you has to question that.

Don't you think?

Enough now, lvc. With your repeated "bold statements" you're trying to convince yourself you're touching some kind of truth, while you're only showing your stupidity.

I perfectly know you and your agenda against the CLR... I'm interested in knowing what brand is paying you for bashing it.
...Wait, I'm sure you'd respond you just write what you think... LOL
I believe what you miss is a sense of perspective.
Now, let me clarify some things:

1. "To admit", as I'm sure you know better than me since I'm not mother tongue, implies feeling forced or otherwise obliged to make a statement which was being kept hidden or unspoken. I've clearly nothing to "admit" here.

2. I never wrote anywhere I'm on this forum in order to talk about the CLR. If you really want to try to convince anyone about your ravings you should try a bit harder, and do some research or at least make statements you can prove. In fact,

3. I've been a member here long before the CLR was even heard of.

4. Yes, I use to talk about gear I own and things I know. When I don't own them I rather prefer to ask questions, or make guesses.

5. I like the CLR a lot under many respects, even tho (as I've written on this same forum) I don't consider them the Holy Grail of audio loudspeakers.

6. I've never hyped the product; I've never offended anyone who didn't like them, nor ever stated that those who did not like them were wrong. All my posts are always related to technical facts. While a guitar cab's tone can be discussed, an FRFR system's tone can be measured. So sometimes I happen to want to correct people who make wrong statements about the CLR. "I don't like it" is ok, as well as "they do no serve my purpose"; "they're too hyped around 1000 Hz", they're boomy", "They're harsh" are just incorrect (yes, I can prove that).

7. As for you neighbour's kid, here are the guidelines per your request:

a) let him make regular studies, including electrotechnical and electronic engineering;
b) let him play music and cultivate a strong passion for electroacoustics within say 35 years;
c) make him grow as a professional writer, so that his posts will be consistent and well thought;
d) advise him to at least be able to decently read and write English, so that he can read the most important international forums and technical sheets, and join some forums himself (let alone the domestic ones);
e) let him work, so that he can buy music- and audio-related gear, experiment, test, discuss them;
f) tell him to not stop searching and trying until he owns gear he really likes;
g) teach him to be enthusiastic about discussing things he likes along with other enthusiastic people; but warn him he'll most probably have to cope with some hassholes;
h) wait, now that I think of it... never mind.

All: sorry for the rant, you know I don't usually behave like this on forums, but I get triggered when others' stupidity overcomes the threshold of common sense.
Sadly, when the lack or solid ideas meets frustration and rage, the result is usually a quite peculiar neurotic reaction.

I try to stay in shape by swimming a mile 3-4 times a week at the gym.

But when I lifted the regular CLR out of the shipping box could feel my back get tweaked . If I traveled a lot with it I definitely would get the lighter one. Damaging my back is something I avoid at all costs. :)

Just a wee tip. :)

I used to have serious lower back problems which were all down to musculature. A sports massage therapist traced it back to one of my outer glutes and he gave me a lot of stretches and pilates based strengthening movements. Nowadays I use deadlifts (up to 300lbs plus which had to be gradually worked up to) and squats in the gym and have never had so much as a twinge in 2 years.

Main point is that if you are having back trouble some good strengthening exercises as you maintain form are absolutely brilliant for keeping your back in shape. :)

My only comment ..is if you want to use this forum to push a product... at least have the decency to buy an Axe-FX.

Folks on this forum either "own" a fractal product or in the market to buy one ... they do not need to hear some clown constantly pitching a product -- especially if said clown does not even own an Axe-Fx.

If you were shilling purple lemons for the AF2 and did not own an AF2 to use your purple lemons with -- I would call you out on that one was well.

Shilling is bad enough ...

but jeez dude ... at least spend the cash and buy an Axe-FX.

You will love it.

it is an awesome product!

Enough now, lvc. With your repeated "bold statements" you're trying to convince yourself you're touching some kind of truth, while you're only showing your stupidity.

Actually I dont have back trouble. The tweak I mentioned was just a momentary warning and nothing of lasting damage. Probably due to my swimming regimen for the last 20 years. One of the strokes I do involves swimming using only stomach and back muscles. No arms or legs. Great for those supportive muscles that prevent back issues.

And knowing the correct way to lift things. AND knowing what things to avoid lifting.

Lifting the CLR once made it CLEAR I would not be doing it again in that manner. :)

Last edited:
LVC, you sir are disturbed and should seek the services of a professional.

Is there a way to block this psycho? Id rather not read his silliness in the future.

Indeed there is!

Blocked!

Man, after this post I'm walking away and never looking back.

In the beginning, I was so sucked into the hype that I thought they were amazing for a minute! Then I started listening to my ears and not what everyone was saying. I don't think people are wrong for liking the product, but I am surprised by the overwhelming approval based on my 2 month test run.

People have responded as expected. Questioning my understanding, intelligence, wisdom...whatever. Also making arguments about how I'm comparing apples and oranges and speaking from a narrow field of view.

It is unfortunate that traditional guitar rigs are plagued with the known pitfalls and limitations. FRFR people saw a niche market and went to work. They addressed some major flaws and that seems to be helping many.

I don't care about any CLR owners coming at me and blowing their horns. I care about people like me. People who show up looking for information, trying to avoid wasting time and money. People who have similar expectations to mine.

Speaking to those people I say, "If you expect this product to make you as happy as your favorite cab in terms of tone, this will not likely be the case."

I sold my CLR's at the beginning of the year and had no real intention of saying anymore about it. Then some post just lit me up. Playing "wack a mole" with you people is a waste of time of course soo......I'm out.:mrgreen

Last edited:
My only comment ..is if you want to use this forum to push a product... at least have the decency to buy an Axe-FX.

Folks on this forum either "own" a fractal product or in the market to buy one ... they do not need to hear some clown constantly pitching a product -- especially if said clown does not even own an Axe-Fx.

If you were shilling purple lemons for the AF2 and did not own an AF2 to use your purple lemons with -- I would call you out on that one was well.

Shilling is bad enough ...

but jeez dude ... at least spend the cash and buy an Axe-FX.

You will love it.

it is an awesome product!

"they do not need to hear some clown constantly pitching a product"

We all agree and shall remember!

Reactions: LVC
viabcroce is an ex-Axe fx user, he now uses another modeler. So what ? Aren't there any other ex-Axe user who still post here ? Where's the problem ?

You can always go Xitone. Highly recommended... and I have a pair of passive 2x12s for sale here (and on ebay).

I don't care about any CLR owners coming at me and blowing their horns. I care about people like me. People who show up looking for information, trying to avoid wasting time and money. People who have similar expectations to mine.

Speaking to those people I say, "If you expect this product to make you as happy as your favorite cab in terms of tone, this will not likely be the case."

Stanko, I know you said your done, but something tells me your still reading this thread...so here goes:

Your posts are pretty condescending. You imply that people who like the CLR are kool-aid drinking troglodytes that wouldn't know tone if it bit them in the ass. And I for one find that offensive. I played a Mesa Boogie Triaxis rack rig for years, I have a Friedman HBE sitting right next to my Axe Fx, which is sitting on top of a genuine, 1969 Marshall plexi, that is sitting on top of a Marshall 4x12, that is sitting next to a Two-Rock Classic Reverb. So don't lecture me about tone my friend. :)

It took me a while, but I can honestly say that I am as happy with my Axe Fx/CLR rig as I am with my amps/cabs. As a matter of fact, I'm going to be selling some of them off in the not too distant future. (Feel free to snatch them up on ebay) I play them all, almost every day, and the quality and flexibility of tones I'm getting from the Axe Fx/CLR, combined with its portability makes it the clear winner for me. So, call me a kool-aid drinker...I love this stuff! :)

Actually I dont have back trouble. The tweak I mentioned was just a momentary warning and nothing of lasting damage. Probably due to my swimming regimen for the last 20 years. One of the strokes I do involves swimming using only stomach and back muscles. No arms or legs. Great for those supportive muscles that prevent back issues.

And knowing the correct way to lift things. AND knowing what things to avoid lifting.

Lifting the CLR once made it CLEAR I would not be doing it again in that manner. :)

I envy you your swimming ability, dude! My wife also outstrips me in the water (yeah yeah, beaten by a girl.... ;) She runs marathons...) and I'm envious. My constant fear of drowning results in a swimming ability that a drunk stone would be proud of! :D

Man that was close.

We can all relax now ... the future is safe and secure.....

at least for now .......
biggrin.gif

"they do not need to hear some clown constantly pitching a product"

We all agree and shall remember!

A fireman should join in and put out the flames!!!

As with most gear:
Some like it, some not. Try the gear yourself and see if it is for you.

That's the only way to know for sure.

Reactions: RDH

As with most gear:

The problem here is some are giving opinions as facts.

As with most gear:

Eggxactly!! I agree ! Folks should post their personal experience with a product ( good or bad ) and let it go at that ,nothing works for everyone , It's all good ! I've sold many products that didn't do it for me, that many raved about ,but that doesn't warrant trying to convince everyone else it's crap! It isn't!! Every individual has their own needs from a product, if it don't work out , move on !! The only way to know is to try it for yourself!

Folks on this forum either "own" a fractal product or in the market to buy one

I don't want to use this forum to push a product, since as I wrote I was a member here long before the CLR were announced. But I'm sure you'll go on with your ravings because it's the only power you are aware you're left with.
FWIW, the almost 150 "likes" I've received on this board show that I have had nice ideas exchanges with many here. I like to think that some of the members here have received something either pleasant or useful from my posts, just like it has happened to me.

As for the decency... I don't believe you can teach me anything on the matter.
Note: I joined this forum before having the opportunity to even try an Axe-Fx, I always behave like this because I love to get to know as much as I can about a product. Only when I felt I knew enough on the matter, I went looking for one. I've been doing the same, when possible, with all my gear.

On some forums there are sections where you need to show you own the product in order to join. This is not the case here.
Hint: buy Fractal, and change the forum's rules at will. So you'll finally have the power to let only people who think like you take part in the discussions.
And I thought fascism was not fashionable any longer in the USA...

... they do not need to hear some clown constantly pitching a product -- especially if said clown does not even own an Axe-Fx.

I go on not understanding your English. I make you laugh I guess? Weird. You should be crying instead... on yourself.
In case it was just an effort to offend me instead, being called a clown from you is nothing but a compliment.
BTW, I often take part in discussions about the CLRs just because I own them. In such discussions, of course, I end up writing what I think about them. It's not my fault they are so popular and appreciated that they are discussed so often. And, of course, anyone is free to express what they think. But, of course, when you're in a "public place" putting your ideas on the table, you've to be ready to have your ideas discussed. Not sure you're ready for democracy yet.

Please be sure that if and when there's a discussion about one of my guitars I'll join them with great passion, and will be glad to talk about them and help other users and/or learn from them.

As a final note, I find curious that, with so man happy CRL users on the board, you've chosen to take out your frustration over me specifically. But feel free to go on, I find you funny and entertaining. You happen to be a better clown than me, for sure :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom