Connections for W\D\W

deakle

Experienced
Hi all. I am using my Axe FX 2 through Output 1 L/R to a Carvin DCM 1540 power amp and then to power 2 Carvin 2x12 speaker cabs. I would like to set up with a wet-dry-wet operation using my Carvin V3M as the dry amp. I would like to be able to do this without using an ABY switch but that may not be possible. My question is could I use Output 2 to feed the input of my Carvin V3M with my guitar plugged into the input of the Axe thereby splitting my guitar signal? And if this is possible, is there a way that I can make the Output 2 signal dry while the Output 1 signal feeding my power amp is the "wet" signal? My apologies if this has been asked before but I could not find mention of it here on the forum.

Yes you can. The way I've done it is:

Output 1 Left and Right, wet to left and right speakers.
Dry signal from Amp block to FX block which goes to O/P 2

It sounds outstanding.

I guess with an FOH pa, you could send the wet L&R via the balanced line outs of Output 1, then simply ask the engineer to mike up the dry cab? (As there's that frustrating shortage of outputs when you're trying to do WDW....)

Hi all. I am using my Axe FX 2 through Output 1 L/R to a Carvin DCM 1540 power amp and then to power 2 Carvin 2x12 speaker cabs. I would like to set up with a wet-dry-wet operation using my Carvin V3M as the dry amp. I would like to be able to do this without using an ABY switch but that may not be possible. My question is could I use Output 2 to feed the input of my Carvin V3M with my guitar plugged into the input of the Axe thereby splitting my guitar signal? And if this is possible, is there a way that I can make the Output 2 signal dry while the Output 1 signal feeding my power amp is the "wet" signal? My apologies if this has been asked before but I could not find mention of it here on the forum.

Since your V3M has its own preamp, I think you would want to branch off of Output 1's signal path BEFORE the amp block, and insert the fx loop there, to send to the V3M via Out2.

RVM

Back
Top Bottom