Bug? Connection time out - remove usb cable before AX8 startup

GibsonLesPaul

Experienced
I had a serious connection time out on my AX8.

Whatever I did, it wouldn't communicate with AX8 edit, Fractal Bot or Fractool.
AX8 edit is newest version v1.4.0
AX8 FW 3.51
Reinstalled the usb driver v1.67
Rebooted the Mac OS 10.11.5
Another USB port
Nothing helped.

Then I read in a thread here that you should unplug the usb-cable before starting the AX8.
That helped.

But I have never experienced that behaviour, neither with my Axe-Fx II nor the AX8.
It seems that this bug came since a short time ago.

And the funny thing is, AX8 edit will now connect.
Even when I restart the AX8 with the usb cable connected.
So it's not always....

Can Fractal confirm/investigate if there are issues with te above.

It's happened for me in every single firmware, but it comes in waves. For a few days it will happen every time, for a few weeks it won't happen at all.

BTW, the AX8 doesn't use the fractal USB driver, so if you don't have an axefx, you don't need that installed.

I had many time-out connection issues when using Mac Sierra connected to USB (2011 iMac). I "downgraded" back to El Capitan and it works much much better as before. If your having this type of problem, you should go through the official support channel, they were able to help me out.

Ok guys I have had this problem to the point of pulling out my hair. I found using shorter cables did help but still acting up.
Now I have found that disconnecting from the internet while using AX8 Edit the problem has almost completly stopped.
Now the only time i connect is to download axexchange then I disconeect immediately and I have been problem free since. However if I stay connected it will eventually act up again.(why ? i do not know !)
Please try this to see if it works for you, I am using vista on a lap top.

I've had the same issue intermittently with the last several firmware versions (not version 8 yet). I've also heard that a computer that is running the Chrome browser affects this. Unplugging the USB cable while starting AX8-Edit and plugging it back in is sometimes the only solution. I am also running on an iMac running El Capitan. I "downgraded" back to El Capitan from Sierra as well due to many issues with Sierra.

Back
Top Bottom