Connection help needed 4CM + FRFR

randombastage

Experienced
I have it connected to a pair of CLR's for FRFR use. I want to also have it connected to a guitar combo amp for 4CM use and then let the preset dictate which 'speaker' gets a sound...
I see the demo of setting up a 4CM preset with two rows on the grid....input 1 -----output 3 (for drive effects etc to the guitar amp instrument input)
and input 3---------output 1 (for the time based effects that would be sent through the guitar amps effects loop)

But I already have Output 1 (XLR's) in use for FRFR. So I'm guessing that won't work unless there is a way to create an output mapping per preset that mutes the XLR's if the preset is for 4CM
Can I just use output 2 or 4 in place of the output 1 in the layout above?

What is the best way to set it up to have both FRFR and guitar amp connected all the time and the grid routing of each preset dictates the outcome?
And to make it even better how to set it up to have any FRFR preset have a second path on the grid branch off to the guitar amps effect return to make the guitar amp's power amp and speaker become the Dry in a WDW rig?

Last edited:
I went ahead and used output 4 and it seems to be fine. I was wondering about the humbuster cables not working correctly since out 4 isn’t balanced...

I am setup the same way with both an amp and FRFR. I use input 4 and output 4 for the connections to the amp FX loop. This is also the connections recommended in the manual.

Make sure that the Output 3 level knob is turned fully clockwise. You can lower your noise floor by configuring the boost pad on Outputs 3 and 4. Using Humbuster cables for the connections on output 3 and output 4 will also lower your noise floor considerably. Also ensure that Input 4 Mode is set to “Left Only”.

Back
Top Bottom