Connecting to power amp

Paul Pawlowicz

Hey, I had a rehearsal and I tried to connect my ax8 to power amp, but I had no sound. I read manual again, but I had decided to connect into the amp. sound was awful. how to connect correctly, I want to use amp simulation, effect... I forget to say, when I connected to power amp, I didn't deactivate my cab sim, maybe it was a problem or not, help me pls

Hmmm... Well, it should be pretty simple in that case.

Are you sure to confirm the power amp works with other gear?

Hmmm... Well, it should be pretty simple in that case.

Are you sure to confirm the power amp works with other gear?
not sure, I want to know how to connect correctly, maybe I don't understand how... so, I connect in output 1 in my ax8 and to fx send in amp? I suppose that it's wrong, isn't it?

Are you trying to connect to a dedicated power amp (what I was thinking) or the power section of a guitar amp?

If it's a regular guitar amp you would plug in to the FX Return (the Send is Output from the preamp and you definitely don't plug in to that).

Some guitar amps have special requirements when using the FX Return, so knowing the amp will be helpful.

If you're using a dedicated power amp, plug into the Input of the power amp.

Are you trying to connect to a dedicated power amp (what I was thinking) or the power section of a guitar amp?

If it's a regular guitar amp you would plug in to the FX Return (the Send is Output from the preamp and you definitely don't plug in to that).

Some guitar amps have special requirements when using the FX Return, so knowing the amp will be helpful.

If you're using a dedicated power amp, plug into the Input of the power amp.
well, I must add the fx loop section in ax8?

well, I must add the fx loop section in ax8?
Please explain exactly what you are trying to do and exactly what you connected and how.

Connecting the AX8 to a power amp is simply AX8 Output -> power amp input.

You didn't answer my questions about what you're connecting to, so I can't tell you anything beyond that.

Unless you're trying to use the 4 Cable Method then the AX8 effects loop doesn't enter the picture... And if you are then you have a more complex set of connections.

The amp 'send (sends output from the amp). You want to
not sure, I want to know how to connect correctly, maybe I don't understand how... so, I connect in output 1 in my ax8 and to fx send in amp? I suppose that it's wrong, isn't it?

You should connect AX8 output 1 to the amp's 'return' (not 'send');

And you might want to turn off the cabs, if they are on globally, since you may find that you prefer the sound much more without them being on for every preset (you could always leave them on globally and just turn them off per preset).

Back
Top Bottom