Connecting the MFC

john nelson

ok guys.....to prevent me from frying my equipment I have to ask a silly question...
I am connecting my mfx to the axe fxII for the first time with ethercon cable and from I am reading in the manual, it says
that the power supply should not be plugged in..... so I plug it in , turn on the axe and no power to the mfc.......
I am aware of the phantom power jack on the back of the axe fxII but I did not see anywhere in the manual where it says
to power the ethercon that the power supply needs to be plugged into the axe fx and a 7 pin midi cable, which I do remember
it stating I did need one of those... so can someone please enlighten me on how this connects in order for it to power up lol ?

The phantom power jack on the Axe is for powering the MFC with a 7 pin midi cable only. You don't want to use that with the ethercon cable.

yea, I am aware of that, was just stating that as the guy i purchased the mfc from was saying he was using it that way for whatever reason, i may need to send it in and get it serviced it seems.

Ethernet or ethercon should power the MFC. If it doesn’t either the MFC or axe needs service.

wish there was a way to test them to see what is actually getting power as im not sure my axe is working either as It was purchased online several months ago

yea, thats the conclusion im coming to also.... just wish the person/people i bought them from were more honest about it... oh well, looks like i will have to wait a little longer to play with my toys :( what a bummer

Back
Top Bottom