Connecting Rockman to my FM3?

Ferpa

I would really like to add my Rockman X100 to my Fractal FM3, how can I make this connection? I've tried everything and nothing... including no one on the internet explaining how to add pedals, much less the Rockman X100, which has inputs and outputs different from a normal pedal.
Besides the connection, what would I have to do inside my Fractal to be able to have the faithful sound of my Rockman X100?

Could you kindly help me and explain me how to do this in detail, please?

This tells us nothing about what you actually did.

Have you looked at the manual, which has a clear diagram of connecting external gear?

View attachment 113036
yes, of course I already read the manual, but it had no effect. In rockman, the in and out are different, have you seen it? I really don't know if I should make any configuration changes in the fractal to get the Rockman sound

Which setting(s) on the Rockman X100 are you using? There are some good FM3 presets that emulate it.

This tells us nothing about what you actually did.

Have you looked at the manual, which has a clear diagram of connecting external gear?

View attachment 113036
yes, of course I already read the manual, but it had no effect. In rockman, the in and out are different, have you seen it? I really don't know if I should make any configuration changes in the fractal to get the Rockman sound
And here is the X100 manual which has pictures.
https://www.rockman.fr/Manuals/X100.pdf

Just use a mini-stereo to 1/4" stereo cable in between the X100 headphone output to the FM3 input 2. Make sure your FM3 patch is using input 2.

But you still haven't told us what you tried, except "everything" and "nothing".

What did you actually try?

Follow the diagram from the manual (and the Interconnections section from the posted Rockman manual).

Connect Output 2 Left to the Guitar input of the Rockman.

Connect a 1/8" stereo to dual 1/4" mono splitter to Input 2 Left and Right.

Turn up the front panel Output 2 knob.

Create a signal chain similar to the one in the example above.

But you still haven't told us what you tried, except "everything" and "nothing".

What did you actually try?

Follow the diagram from the manual (and the Interconnections section from the posted Rockman manual).

Connect Output 2 Left to the Guitar input of the Rockman.

Connect a 1/8" stereo to dual 1/4" mono splitter to Input 2 Left and Right.

Turn up the front panel Output 2 knob.

Create a signal chain similar to the one in the example above.
Ok, I wil try this! Thanks!

I've tried a few, but in my humble opinion nothing will beat the original.
I'm not trying to be a troll, and we all have our own tastes. But, I find it hard to imagine that the FM3, with the ability to control more aspects of tone than I can understand, is incapable of providing a tone that matches and/or improves the sound of a 1980s Rockman.
All of us here on this forum are very spoiled with our choices of tone with this unit. Personally, I keep it simple, because so many choices confuse me into feeling that my sound is somehow "wrong". Then again, I love having all of these options, because different tones influence my style for the moment I'm in.
I believe Leon Todd made a Rockman preset, and I'm sure that the guys on here can help you dial in your sound.
I'm assuming that you bought it only for the effects?

I'm not trying to be a troll, and we all have our own tastes. But, I find it hard to imagine that the FM3, with the ability to control more aspects of tone than I can understand, is incapable of providing a tone that matches and/or improves the sound of a 1980s Rockman.
All of us here on this forum are very spoiled with our choices of tone with this unit. Personally, I keep it simple, because so many choices confuse me into feeling that my sound is somehow "wrong". Then again, I love having all of these options, because different tones influence my style for the moment I'm in.
I believe Leon Todd made a Rockman preset, and I'm sure that the guys on here can help you dial in your sound.
I'm assuming that you bought it only for the effects?
I have to agree with your sentiment here (and also not trying to troll the OP). I'm pretty sure almost any tone can be recreated in the FM3, you just need to have the patience to tweak it. And even if you can't get it "perfect", the reality is that in all likelihood the FM3 is going to be better then what you are aiming for.

I totally understand having a sentimental attachment to a specific tone from legacy gear. I still own and love my original ADA MP-1 and when I first started using modelers (I previously used an Elevenrack) I started playing around with putting it in the chain. While I was able to get it to work, I quickly came to the realization that what I was getting out of my MP-1 was not nearly as good sounding and dynamic as what I could get natively out of the Elevenrack. I repeated this experiment when I got my FM3. Bottom line: As cool as the ADA is, it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the FM3 models.

Truth is, if something as capable as the FM3 had been available back then, things like the Rockman and ADA would probably never have been used since they would suck by comparison.

Totally aware this is my opinion, but I think it is hard to argue otherwise given the capability and tweakability of the FM3.

I have to agree with your sentiment here (and also not trying to troll the OP). I'm pretty sure almost any tone can be recreated in the FM3, you just need to have the patience to tweak it. And even if you can't get it "perfect", the reality is that in all likelihood the FM3 is going to be better then what you are aiming for.

I totally understand having a sentimental attachment to a specific tone from legacy gear. I still own and love my original ADA MP-1 and when I first started using modelers (I previously used an Elevenrack) I started playing around with putting it in the chain. While I was able to get it to work, I quickly came to the realization that what I was getting out of my MP-1 was not nearly as good sounding and dynamic as what I could get natively out of the Elevenrack. I repeated this experiment when I got my FM3. Bottom line: As cool as the ADA is, it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the FM3 models.

Truth is, if something as capable as the FM3 had been available back then, things like the Rockman and ADA would probably never have been used since they would suck by comparison.

Totally aware this is my opinion, but I think it is hard to argue otherwise given the capability and tweakability of the FM3.
Unless you properly create a complimentary tube power amp sim for any guitar preamp, it won't sound as good as any complete amp model.

You can test this by taking your favorite Fractal amp models and turning off their virtual power sections.

I have a nice collection of tube guitar preamps, and all sound and feel wonderful with Fractal virtual tube power sections, including the MP-1.

Back
Top Bottom