Connecting FM3 to an Apollo Twin X

licandro7

Hi everyone!
I’m wondering how one would go about connecting the FM3 to an Apollo twin X. Would I need to purchase a converter with separate ca or are there any cables that is is SPDIF to Toslink?

I need the preamps on the interface for a microphone so I’m looking to connect it via SPDIF.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you guys on macs, using logic? I’m considering replacing an apogee element 24, that may be the source of audio crackling. With your Apollo’s are you crystal clean? Running completely digital?

Are you guys on macs, using logic? I’m considering replacing an apogee element 24, that may be the source of audio crackling. With your Apollo’s are you crystal clean? Running completely digital?
Correct! All digital and Crystal clean.

I use a apollo twin usb with a coax to optical converter - works great. (Similar to the above post of Melvin)
The Apollo has also an switchable SRC (Sampling Rate Converter). When enabled, the Apollo can also be the Master in the Digital Studio environment and the FM3 can free run its clock without sync problems.

I use a apollo twin usb with a coax to optical converter - works great. (Similar to the above post of Melvin)
The Apollo has also an switchable SRC (Sampling Rate Converter). When enabled, the Apollo can also be the Master in the Digital Studio environment and the FM3 can free run its clock without sync problems.
Interesting. Were you experiencing audio cracking problems via USB from your FM3 before you added the Apollo Twin? Also I'm interested in which Mac you are using, OS, etc. I'm on a late 2013 iMac with i7 processor and 32 gb of ram, running Catalina. I'm assuming you are running Logic Pro? I use LP, but am having a tough time getting the USB from the FM3 to work with Input Monitoring - when I do that I get adios's crackling.

I used the Apollo although my AX8 without problems! I am a Win10 User, my DAW is mostly Cubase Pro 10.5!
A Mac with your specs must do the work with an Apollo/FM3 without any problem, if it has the correct Data connection to the Apollo!
But you have to do all the rules about a digital audio connection, like a correct sync setup in your Audiohardware and the Macintosh audio aggregates, if you use them ( dont know much about it) or correct Buffer settings in the Soundcard!
UAD Apollo for Mac is also available with a thunderbolt connection (lower Latency times then with USB)
Also, the USB Apollo needs a USB3 connection!!!, is this on board of your MAC?

Back
Top Bottom