Connecting a RackTuner to the AxeFxII

abitran

Hi everyone,

I tried another way to connect the RackTuner to the AxeFxII,
Just copied out1 to out2 and connected the RackTuner to out2...
That way, when I hit the "tuner switch" on the MFC-101, it would shut the out1 (and out2) and I can't tune the guitar :(
so, I can tune the guitar only without shutting it down...
Does anyone have an idea how can I solve this problem?:?

Last edited:
You'd have to place the FX Loop block somewhere in the preset (like column 1 for a clean signal) to prevent Out 2 from muting. Also be sure tuner mute is set to "output" not "input".

You'd have to place the FX Loop block somewhere in the preset (like column 1 for a clean signal) to prevent Out 2 from muting. Also be sure tuner mute is set to "output" not "input".

I don't want to set the FX Loop block for each preset on the axe...

but, you gave me an idea:
Can I copy "in1" to "out2"and set the tuner to mute the output (out1)? Will it work for me as I wish?

נשלח מה iPhone שלי ע"י Tapatalk

Can I copy "in1" to "out2"and set the tuner to mute the output (out1)? Will it work for me as I wish?

No. Do you need the MFC to display tuner info from the Axe? If not, another option would be a switch that just mutes output 1 by toggling 0/127 for the Out 1 Volume CC#.

a switch that just mutes output 1 by toggling 0/127 for the Out 1 Volume CC#.

Oh... That's a good idea!
I'll try it! I'll set the tuner switch on the MFC to that purpose...

Edited:
But wait, it will shutdown the out for the out2 too, and I won't get any sound for the tuner...

Why are you using a rack tuner if you have an MFC and the built-in tuner on the Axe?

First, it is more convenient on stage (from distance and darkness)
second, it is nice to have and see the tuner reacts while playing, you can set it to show it in some ways :)

also the display on the racktuner is more accurate then the display on the MFC...

Last edited:
First, it is more convenient on stage (from distance and darkness)
second, it is nice to have and see the tuner reacts while playing, you can set it to show it in some ways :)
also the display on the racktuner is more accurate then the display on the MFC...
Idk what size stages you are playing, but I've always either walked over to the Axe and pushed Tuner button or used MFC to tune (CAT5 connected). Display accuracy on the MFC has never been an issue for me either.

But wait, it will shutdown the out for the out2 too, and I won't get any sound for the tuner...

It won't mute Out 2 if you make the switch only send the Out 1 Volume CC#. That means configuring the CC# manually with the the switch's Axe-FX function = NONE.

It won't mute Out 2 if you make the switch only send the Out 1 Volume CC#. That means configuring the CC# manually with the the switch's Axe-FX function = NONE.

If I set "copy out1 to out2" and the switch is only send to out1, won't it silent out2 too? (Because of the "copy" thing)...

Back
Top Bottom