connecting a Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBlock tube power amp and a Fractal axe f/x2 xl+

MOBY

I'm having trouble connecting these two after finally getting a power amp. Is it possible to use the tube power amp if the distortion and cab emulator is turned off in global settings? Does anyone use this type amp and how is it connected exactly? It's a lot confusing on where to connect the inputs of the Marshall. There are two "voicing options" on the back of the Marshall. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

I have this power amp. Very simple.

Create a preset, select an amp. Turn off power amp modelling. Don't use a Cab block.
Output of Axe into the Input of one channel of the marshall power amp....power amp to cab. Done.

BBN thanks so much for the reply. I got things going now. It was a cable problem not getting a good connection from the Fractal to the amp. I had to go through all my cables again so I ordered some Humbuster cables too. How do you like the Marshall- Fractal combination ? I'm using a 4-12" Marshall cab and two 12" PA speakers w/ horns so the effects come out in stereo.

Oddly enough, I used a Marshall 8008 poweramp into 2 Marshall 4x12's with cabs and power amp settings disabled. Then I got a Matrix 1000 poweramp, which already saved me 8 kilos on weight alone, and that sounded shite with those settings disabled. Turned them back and have so ever since. Sounded way way better like that. Go figure!

Oddly enough, I used a Marshall 8008 poweramp into 2 Marshall 4x12's with cabs and power amp settings disabled. Then I got a Matrix 1000 poweramp, which already saved me 8 kilos on weight alone, and that sounded shite with those settings disabled. Turned them back and have so ever since. Sounded way way better like that. Go figure!
Which did you prefer the Marshall or the Matrix? A brief explanation of why would be helpful as well - minus the weight difference. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom