Connect FXII to Synergy Syn2

65shawnee

Need some help with connecting my FXII to a Synergy SYN2. I also want to have an effects loop for some floor pedals. Tried a couple of configurations but it sounds like crap. Any suggestions on proper connections would be appreciate.

connecting to it to do what? is the axe effects only? we need more details. also mentioning what you tried already will prevent us from suggesting it again.

Typically something like this...

a) (Gtr) -> (Analog Pedals, might not need them depending on what they are?) -> (Axe In 1, front or rear) -> (Axe Out 2 from FX Loop Block) -> (SYN2 In) - (SYN2 Out) -> (Axe FX In 2 via FX Block) - (Axe FX Out 1 to FOH/Monitors, Amp/Speaker etc).

b) (Gtr) -> (Syn2 In) - (SYN2 Out) -> (Axe In 1) - (Axe FX Out 1 to FOH/Monitors, Amp/Speaker etc).

c) If you want to use the Axe's Amp Blocks instead you can by activating the Amp Block and either Bypassing the Syn2 or Bypassing the FX Loop Block when using the Amp Blocks, and bypassing the Amp Block and activating the SYN2 when using the modules.

I've done this for years with my custom 50W RM2 and custom MTS tube preamps, works great. You don't need the SYN2's Loop switching with the Axe, let the Axe do it all under MIDI Control.

If you're new to the AXE, READ THE MANUAL TWICE as it's deep, and can do anything, but can also sound bad if not setup correctly like any other piece of gear.

Last edited:
Typically something like this...

a) (Gtr) -> (Analog Pedals, might not need them depending on what they are?) -> (Axe In 1, front or rear) -> (Axe Out 2 from FX Loop Block) -> (SYN2 In) - (SYN2 Out) -> (Axe FX In 2 via FX Block) - (Axe FX Out 1 to FOH/Monitors, Amp/Speaker etc).

b) (Gtr) -> (Syn2 In) - (SYN2 Out) -> (Axe In 1) - (Axe FX Out 1 to FOH/Monitors, Amp/Speaker etc).

c) If you want to use the Axe's Amp Blocks instead you can by activating the Amp Block and either Bypassing the Syn2 or Bypassing the FX Loop Block when using the Amp Blocks, and bypassing the Amp Block and activating the SYN2 when using the modules.

I've done this for years with my custom 50W RM2 and custom MTS tube preamps, works great. You don't need the SYN2's Loop switching with the Axe, let the Axe do it all under MIDI Control.

If you're new to the AXE, READ THE MANUAL TWICE as it's deep, and can do anything, but can also sound bad if not setup correctly like any other piece of gear.
can you give us examples of what the block would look like? I also have been struggling with this. I want to go into the front, have my wah, drive before the syn2, send that signal to the syn2 (i think), then have the signal hit the delay, chorus, reverb. I also would love to figure out how to imcorporate the MIDI controls you mentioned to have the ax fx II switch the midi channels for me. Any help would be so so appreciated!
k

Back
Top Bottom