Connect FX8 to AXEFXII for pre&post effects? 4CM?

Vertigo 13

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to connect an FX8 to a AXEFXII and be able to have some FX8 effects before the AXEII amp block and some effects afterwards???
How would the connection go? Something like a 4CM?
Would there be anything to worry about? I.E tone degradation? conflicts with AXEII noisegate or guitar input stuff?
Maybe I just gotta wait till it's released and gain more understanding from other adopters and future threads/posts.

Hmm...a peak at the FX8 manual might also be good.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to connect an FX8 to a AXEFXII and be able to have some FX8 effects before the AXEII amp block and some effects afterwards???
Would there be anything to worry about? I.E tone degradation? conflicts with AXEII noisegate or guitar input stuff?
Maybe I just gotta wait till it's released and gain more understanding from other adopters and future threads/posts.

Ditto..I hear so many folks keep saying.... Just add an FX8... HOW??:eek:

Sure it's possible. The FX8 is designed to work with an amp. The Axe-Fx is designed to act like an amp (and a bunch of other stuff, too :) ).

How would you hook it up? Any way you want to. Pre effects only, post effects only, 4CM...no rules.

Yea, it would go in the loop. It seems redundant, as its the same FX you have in the Axe, but it would work like any pedal you put in the loop.

Yea, it would go in the loop. It seems redundant, as its the same FX you have in the Axe, but it would work like any pedal you put in the loop.

You can use the FX8 to offload some of your more CPU intensive effects, extending the capabilities of the Axe-FX.

If you are talking about offloading some of the modulation and preamp duties to conserve CPU its a great idea. However, your questions reads as being able to place effects before the "AMP" block in the AF and you can do that today with just the AF unit, can you not?

...your questions reads as being able to place effects before the "AMP" block in the AF and you can do that today with just the AF unit, can you not?
The Axe-Fx can do pretty much anything the FX8 can do. I think Vertigo 13 was asking whether the FX8 can put effects at both ends of the Axe, similar to 4CM. Which it can. :)

The Axe-Fx can do pretty much anything the FX8 can do. I think Vertigo 13 was asking whether the FX8 can put effects at both ends of the Axe, similar to 4CM. Which it can. :)
Yes, that's my question. Similar to 4CM! PRE & POST... :D Just pretend the AXEII is an amp head etc..
All good. Can't wait for the FX8!

Back
Top Bottom