~ CONGRATULATIONS NEIL!!! ~

Radley

Experienced
Just wanted to say that I am both delighted and proud that my longtime 'boss' and friend NEIL DIAMOND is being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Neil is one of the hardest working people I know (both on and off the stage) and he is certainly deserving of this high honor...

The young ones is a British show. Doubtful that Hadley ever heard of it...

Congrats on Neil! It's about time.

Great songs, great voice, great guy (his charity is known) and a well deserved recognition. :D
His songs are a part of the sound track of my life; they recall many memories.

Congratulations!!!

You know, the only shocking thing about this is that he isn't in the R&R Hall Of Fame already. How could that be? :?

Here is a little tip for you guys..........if you are ever playing Trivial Pursuit and the question is "who wrote X song?"............the answer is almost ALWAYS Neil Diamond!

p

Thanks to all for your comments - I am very happy for Neil because he was actually a bit of a rebel. He refused to fit into the standard rock image - he wanted to write very romantic songs so he did (Play Me, September Morn), he wanted to write patriotic songs so He did (Comin' to America), he wanted to write sentimental songs and he did (Morningside, Hello Again), he wanted to write classic rock n roll, so he wrote Solitary Man, Cherry Cherry, Jungle Time, Crunchy Granola Suite, Lordy, Shilo, and many others. I still get a kick out of playing these songs before the masses, and Neil always sings them 'like the first time'. ;)

It is because Neil was 'his own man' that the RRHOF didn't know what to do with him, but most of us knew it was simply a matter of time!

~Radley~

Radley said:
Just wanted to say that I am both delighted and proud that my longtime 'boss' and friend NEIL DIAMOND is being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Neil is one of the hardest working people I know (both on and off the stage) and he is certainly deserving of this high honor...

YES!! Congrats Neil Diamond!!!!
Thanks for the post, and pat yourself on the back as well Radley. I'm really happy for you.

You've gotta' love Neil Diamond. Radley, have you worked with him for a long, long time?

Slightly off-topic... but, one of my favorite all-time favorite SNL skits was the one where Will Ferrell portrayed Neil on a "VH-1 Storytellers" parody. I'm sure that Neil is nothing like the comedic portrayal that Will Ferrell put out there. But, man - I got a kick out of that. You know what they say - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Back on topic - I remember as a kid always thinking that Neil Diamond seemed like a cool cat. Anyone who can stay in the business with any level of success for as long as he has deserves major kudos. And, to get inducted in the R&R Hall of Fame is quite an honor. Congrats to him. ...And, also to you for being involved with someone like that and being as good as YOU are. Cheers!

p.s. - Are you going to perform at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony?

browlett,

Thanks for the kind words! I am on my 28th year playing guitars for Neil, and I consider the 'gig' one of the biggest blessings in my life. The RRHOF induction ceremony appears to happen in the middle of an overseas tour so I'm not sure how that will be handled or if the band would be involved (hope so).

~Hadster~

Back
Top Bottom