Congrats to Ghost ! Grammy winner and Fractal users ...

hahahah that was great. I also love his swedish guy speaking english with a fake italian accent. Sounds almost like a count dracula haha.

Never heard of them. Not my music at all and I don't like the make up and masks and their image (although I was a huge Kiss fan). The bass sound on that clip Cliff posted is nice though. And congrats!

Last edited:
The BOC influence is obvious and welcome. A tremendous band still at it. Saw them last year at the ramblin man fayre in the UK. First time for many years and they were superb. Donald is such a monster player.
Consider this from the spectres album

the style and melodic interplay is very similar to ghost.
I think ghost are a breath of fresh air. They aren't afraid of melody, the songs are superbly constructed with surprising turns that just work.
The axe guitar and bass sounds are great and the thoughtful nature of the lead work a joy.
Whilst I can appreciate the technical dexterity of much modern metal, you can't beat a good tune.
Seeing them at the London palladium next month and much looking forward to it. I'm 47 and this is the first new band to have really caught my eye for a long time....despite the masks and stuff.

you got it, great songs should win over every time. I love monster players but I really appreciate writing and creativity more. Hints of your hero's and being original at the same time.

The BOC influence is obvious and welcome. A tremendous band still at it. Saw them last year at the ramblin man fayre in the UK. First time for many years and they were superb. Donald is such a monster player.
Consider this from the spectres album

the style and melodic interplay is very similar to ghost.
I think ghost are a breath of fresh air. They aren't afraid of melody, the songs are superbly constructed with surprising turns that just work.
The axe guitar and bass sounds are great and the thoughtful nature of the lead work a joy.
Whilst I can appreciate the technical dexterity of much modern metal, you can't beat a good tune.
Seeing them at the London palladium next month and much looking forward to it. I'm 47 and this is the first new band to have really caught my eye for a long time....despite the masks and stuff.

I'm 48 and I remarked to a number of friends that Ghost were the first new band I've really liked in years. To me as a musician song are everything, and I grew up with Hammer horror so it's the perfect match.
I saw them in Newcastle in December, they were fantastically entertaining and had an incredible sound.
One of my best gigs ever, and I saw Sabbath with Ronnie Dio

Just saw the Ghost Academy Awards highlights. What a cheeky band, in a good way.
Cool riffs and more importantly great songs(they also do an ABBA cover!).
The new favorite amongst rocker pals.

Back
Top Bottom