Congrats to Ghost ! Grammy winner and Fractal users ...

Out of the choices that were there, Ghost was the best one. The only other band in that list that I consider Metal would be Lamb Of God and they are a terrible 3rd rate Slayer clone. Now if it had been Ghost vs Iron Maiden, the choice would have been obvious!

My favorite new band. If you want to hear how awesome these guys are:

I've heard of Ghost, and even read interviews with them, but never heard a lick of their music...until now!

I'm really digging it! Finally a heavy new band that isn't trying to do everything EXTREME! Good vocal melodies, song structure, nice riffs... Some cool stuff going on. I may have to buy some now.

I really love the idea of clean vocals over heavier music, but man... To me this guy sounds like Ozzy Osbourne before puberty. Their musicality is absolutely awesome, but I wish they had someone with a more powerful clean voice fronting them.

Edit: Can anyone imagine Ghost and Devin Townsend on the same bill? That would be a hell of a show.

Last edited:
I ignored them for awhile because I thought they were like the other new metal bands with "cookie monster" vocals-not my thing. I'm 46 and can be accused of being stuck in the 80's/90's-but I like these guys. The melody and clear vocals distinguish them from most of today's metal bands.

It's pretty rare for a band to appeal to different generations.

I've never heard of them before but since I saw this thread I started to listen to their song Cirice and I can't get enough of it .

So is that whole demonic thing going on all the time?
Do they always dress up like devils minions or is it just this one tune?
Its all the time and it rocks!! Although, the last show, Papa took off the hat and played the second set without the papal garb.
Its for entertainment value.

My favorite new band.

Saw these guys a few years ago at Roseland without any knowledge of who they were. They opened for Mastodon and Opeth.

It really was a great show overall, but out of the 3 bands, it was Ghost that really blew me away.

At that particular show, they appeared to be using Orange amps. Both guitarists had amazing tone, and the sound mix was superb. A very impressive live show. I was an instant fan.

Back
Top Bottom