Congrats to Cliff et al. for having Opeth!

Sebastian

Power User
I just noticed that one of my favorite bands - OPETH - now officially endorses the Axe-Fx.
I already knew them using it from forum member Clawfinger, but it's cool to have it mentioned straight on their website.
They're not on the FAS artist page yet but probably soon.

So congratulations to Cliff and his team!! Unbelievable how many artists he won in the short two years I own my Ultra :mrgreen:

Seb

Reactions: jon
the 2 best bands in metal, Opeth and Meshuggah, rocking the Axe Fx!

Or you can just say, "pretty much all of my absolute favorite players sans Alex Lifeson and Scott Henderson"....I really need to get off my @ss and make a decision...I just love my Mesa rig so much...

According to Cliff, Lifeson already owns one
@Sebastian

"curse you".....

Ok, so I start saving for an Ultra officially NOW....as I get closer, I will part out my pedalboard, keeping my Mesa in hand as it is my musical soul-mate.....

First $ count- $50.

if anyone would like to make donations to my cause, PM me and I will forward my Paypal account....

Sebastian said:
According to Cliff, Lifeson already owns one, just hasn't had the time to use it seriously.

I believe I heard the same about Pat Metheny, unless my brain is inventing that...

+1 on the congrats re: Opeth. Great band.

Now they just need to give one to Steven Wilson to try out. He's a Line 6 endorsee but I can tell which tracks on Deadwing he used the POD and which are amps, it's pretty obvious in some cases.

JT

porieux said:
Sebastian said:
According to Cliff, Lifeson already owns one, just hasn't had the time to use it seriously.

I believe I heard the same about Pat Metheny, unless my brain is inventing that...

Yes, you're right, and it's long ago Cliff mentioned it (that was on the old setbb forum). It never became official though.
Cliff just said "a multiple Grammy award winner just ordered two Ultras", a lot of guesses were made and when someone
said "Metheny", Cliff approved.

cardinal of crunk said:
w00t w00t, the 2 best bands in metal, Opeth and Meshuggah, rocking the Axe Fx!

Yeah, my bad in both cases. :) In Sweden it's a small metal world, and touring is pretty expensive, so when a solution appears in such an awesome way that it can't be disregarded as a toy, people are willing to give it a shot. Besides, both bands have saved enough money in shipping costs that the Axe-FX's paid themselves. :)

Oh yeah, Fredrik Åkesson (Opeth) used the 4 cable method with his Blackstar series one earlier, but use them as power amps now. As I suggested a while back. ;)

We're using the future in touring/home recording gear, so just sit back and enjoy the "pioneerism". I know I do. I've come so far that I don't even defend it when people call it digital anymore. :D

/Jocke skog

Clawfinger said:
We're using the future in touring/home recording gear, so just sit back and enjoy the "pioneerism". I know I do. I've come so far that I don't even defend it when people call it digital anymore. :D

/Jocke skog
"Like" button like in Facebook, this forum needs

Awesome. Opeth are a great band and I've loved their guitar tone over the last few albums. So good!

I'm a massive Opeth fan.
I'll be interested to see if the AxeFx completely replaces the double stacks on stage.

Sebastian said:

Sweet! I hope he starts using them, then he can replace all those H&K amps with neat stuff like dryers and rotisseries like Geddy did when he started using the Sansamp stuff to go direct. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom