Confused about when/why to reset amp block - could use some help

I might be wrong but I think you have to restart after changing that setting... Not sure why, but that's what I remember (I haven't changed it in forever :))
LOL. I changed that setting last night. Powered off for the night, and did tried the soft reset again tonight. That's when I took the screen shots. I appreciate the help! I love this thing!

this is what I changed:
when i set Authentic in Setup > Global, and i soft reset, the Bass Mid Treb reset to 5.

when i set Ideal in Setup > Global, and i soft reset, the Bass Mid Treb do not reset.

i don't restart the axe or anything.

Presence and Depth reset i believe because they're part of the Power Amp.

this is what I changed:

That's the right spot. No restart necessary.

Note that the editor provides a kind of similar configuration parameter in its Preferences menu, but that applies only to the editor and is not the one you need for this.

It would be helpful if FM3-Edit (don't know if Axe-Edit has one) had a menu item that let you save a textual representation of the settings in the patch. At the moment I have to create text files manually and write down every setting one by one and then copy\paste similar settings over and over. Having all the settings written down you can easily restore them if they're changed by an update
I put this on my wish list. Export a block setting to a *.csv file. All blocks, including amp blocks. Then you can do comparison's in Excel to find any tweaks you made. Right now my current method is cumbersome. Take screen shots of each parameter tab and send them to One Note along with any notes that remind my why I made the tweaks or why I named a pre-set the way I did.

Back
Top Bottom