confused about tap tempo

simeon

Axe-Master
on my bnk down button, i have hold set up to turn on the tuner. works great

i was trying to use bank up to turn on tap tempo

i press and hold on the button and the mini label changes, but when i let go it goes back to being the bank up button

i guess i was expecting it to toggle in the same way the tuner does, so how can i get this working?

the other solution is to just change the layout and i can have tuner and tap on two different buttons and another button to jump back to the original bank

yeah, just did the change layout thing. that works for me. amazing!

also added amp +1 and -1 db switches and a switch for my blank preset that i use in between sets. great stuff.

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted, mate. I wasn’t sure what you were asking. :)

on my bnk down button, i have hold set up to turn on the tuner. works great

i was trying to use bank up to turn on tap tempo

i press and hold on the button and the mini label changes, but when i let go it goes back to being the bank up button

i guess i was expecting it to toggle in the same way the tuner does, so how can i get this working?

the other solution is to just change the layout and i can have tuner and tap on two different buttons and another button to jump back to the original bank
holding the switch doesn't "change the switch to be a tuner switch." it simply engages the tuner function. the switch isn't changing. the hold action just enables the function as if it were a tap (instead you hold to send the command).

that's why Tap Tempo won't work as a Hold function because you don't "reveal" or "change" the switch into a tap tempo button - what you did was send one tap tempo command when the hold time was up. that won't work for tap tempo of course.

holding the switch doesn't "change the switch to be a tuner switch." it simply engages the tuner function. the switch isn't changing. the hold action just enables the function as if it were a tap (instead you hold to send the command).

that's why Tap Tempo won't work as a Hold function because you don't "reveal" or "change" the switch into a tap tempo button - what you did was send one tap tempo command when the hold time was up. that won't work for tap tempo of course.

yeah, i was just understanding it wrong

Back
Top Bottom