Confused about "Save Preset" and "Save Template"

dbun

Experienced
I'm wondering what the difference is between the "Save Preset" and "Save Template" functions in Axe Edit?
They seem to save the same thing i.e. a file in the same format. To me they seem to do the exact same thing.
I've even saved a preset as a template and then imported it back in via the import preset function, which means both the preset and template functions are saving the exact same file.

I don't get what the difference is between simply loading in a saved preset or using the template function when building a new preset?

They are the same thing, it's just a workflow convenience in axe edit. It saves you having to navigate from whatever folder you last imported a preset from to wherever you keep your templates (if you use them) and vice versa the next time you want to import a preset.

templates are a good "base" to work presets of similar sounds off of. you can have your basic amp/cab fx settings then tweak for a song, etc. sure you can do the same with a preset but when you save it it changes the preset itself. templates don't change as you tweak for each song, etc...it's just a foundation to build off of. i use them religiously.

Back
Top Bottom