Confirmation on just how the waiting list is going to work ?

That's exactly why I'm asking for confirmation ....

When Fractal rolled-out the MFC-101 I got on the wait list ( and was in the top 50 ) on 2/7/2009 .... I finally received my o.k. to purchase and use my $ 100 off coupon on 4/20/2011 ( 802 days later ) ....

REALLY ?

WOW. This is crazy.

You just convinced me to get an Axe-II and not wait on the list.
I could be waiting for months/years, which I don't want to do.

That's logical because when I first heard about the Axe-FX Ultra, I didn't register on the forum prior to buying it, I just bought it right away.
Then, when I needed to learn some things regarding the Axe I registered on the forum.

I really think that's exactly what's gonna happen with new people hearing about the Axe-FX II for the first time (which will be A LOT over the coming months).
They'll just get it at $2599 and will learn someday that the "REAL" price was $2199.

I didn't EVEN know that the real price for the MFC was $650, I thought it was $750.
I didn't know there was still a waiting list on the MFC 2 years later...

Thanks for making my decision easy, I appreciate it.
Getting mine tomorrow.

WOW. This is crazy.

You just convinced me to get an Axe-II and not wait on the list.
I could be waiting for months/years, which I don't want to do.

That's logical because when I first heard about the Axe-FX Ultra, I didn't register on the forum prior to buying it, I just bought it right away.
Then, when I needed to learn some things regarding the Axe I registered on the forum.

I really think that's exactly what's gonna happen with new people hearing about the Axe-FX II for the first time (which will be A LOT over the coming months).
They'll just get it at $2599 and will learn someday that the "REAL" price was $2199.

I didn't EVEN know that the real price for the MFC was $650, I thought it was $750.
I didn't know there was still a waiting list on the MFC 2 years later...

Thanks for making my decision easy, I appreciate it.
Getting mine tomorrow.

His dates are misleading. The MFC was announced, and the waiting list started, far before they ever went on sale. I believe they've only been on sale in the store now for 6 months or so? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please. Don't know what happened with that poster's place on the waiting list, but there has been plenty of MFC stock in the store. Perhaps he was the victim of clerical error. Anyway, I wouldn't think $100 off would be worth waiting that long for it, if he really wanted it.

I can understand why people are frustrated but keep in mind at least you have something to be frustrated for. I'd rather sit here and be bummed I don't have my AXE FX II yet then look for any other piece of gear. Even if money wasn't a factor... I would still pick up the AXE FX II as my main rig. Patience fellow musicians. We will all eventually have one.

His dates are misleading.
Yes, but he was in the first 50 and still waited 8 months after shipments began for a coupon.

Don't know what happened with that poster's place on the waiting list, but there has been plenty of MFC stock in the store. Perhaps he was the victim of clerical error.
I've verified that I am actually on the list, and checked in a few times recently, so if there was a clerical error they've had ample opportunity to address it. For some time now it's been easy to find MFCs in stock, but I haven't heard about any coupons being received. It is possible that some have gone out but the info was not posted here.

Anyway, I wouldn't think $100 off would be worth waiting that long for it, if he really wanted it.
I have the luxury of being able to defer this purchase for a while. Consider this: the MFC coupon is good for about 13% off the list price; the Axe 2 coupon is good for about 15% off the list price.

Yes, that's still a long time. Not claiming the mfc list is being managed efficiently. But whoever wrote that original timeframe was being deliberately hyperbolic. Would not discourage people from the axe 2 list based on that. Waiting lists for the standard and ultra sound like they were better managed, although that predated my interest in the axe.

Yes, but he was in the first 50 and still waited 8 months after shipments began for a coupon.

I've verified that I am actually on the list, and checked in a few times recently, so if there was a clerical error they've had ample opportunity to address it. For some time now it's been easy to find MFCs in stock, but I haven't heard about any coupons being received. It is possible that some have gone out but the info was not posted here.

I have the luxury of being able to defer this purchase for a while. Consider this: the MFC coupon is good for about 13% off the list price; the Axe 2 coupon is good for about 15% off the list price.

For some time now it's been easy to find MFCs in stock, but I haven't heard about any coupons being received.
There's at least one thread where people reported the date they received their coupons.

I would still like a clarification of the OP's original question.

How is this waiting list going to be administered?

If we are on the waiting list and our email comes,
does that mean there is a unit reserved for us with the
option to purchase (presumably within 24 hrs)?

Or is it simply a coupon code for the Yahoo site to insure
we get the old price, but we still take our chances in the daily
Store bloodbath, with no guarantee there will be a unit for us to
purchase with this coupon?

Last edited:
I'm confused. Previously, you stated that you haven't heard of any coupons received, but you've been watching the thread where they reported receiving coupons?

On a business standpoint, it's more beneficial to Fractal to wait before serving the wait list.

Think about it.
$400 more on each order. That's nice profit.

I THINK he will start serving the wait list when stocks start to add up
(not being sold out everyday and always available to buy in the Yahoo store).
This will be in a long time.

They're still there to make money.

I would love to be wrong though, but I'm not blindly counting on human's charity.
I'm jumping to the front of the line, sorry. I can't wait months/years before getting the Axe.

Do the coupons expire? I mean even if it's my turn with the coupon the Yahoo store still sells out in like 20sec so am I SOL if the store is empty for the time period the coupon is good? How did it work with the Ultra back in the day?

Anyone with previous experiance with the Ultra or MFC list care to chime in? Still doesn't seem as though the question of "how does this work" has been answered yet.

jerrysteel said:
Think about it.
$400 more on each order. That's nice profit.
Don't forget that Cliff could have priced it higher to start with if he was trying to squeeze more profit out of it. I suppose the end result could be the same, since this is how waiting lists have been handled in the past.

Most of us think that a waiting list is like getting in line for the next available unit. We've had plenty of time to learn how Cliff does it, and I winced every time someone begged to start a waiting list for the Axe2.

I still hope someone at FAS will explain how this one will be run, or at least give us some idea of how long it should take to catch up with the list. I was looking forward to there being plenty of units to go around; I wonder what happened to to keep that from happening? Perhaps Cliff will surprise us yet with higher quantities in the near future. For all we know he is still dealing with a shortage of chassis parts.

I still hope someone at FAS will explain how this one will be run, or at least give us some idea of how long it should take to catch up with the list.
+1. A little clarification would go a long way. Maybe that will come after the weekend.

Don't forget that Cliff could have priced it higher to start with if he was trying to squeeze more profit out of it. I suppose the end result could be the same, since this is how waiting lists have been handled in the past.

Most of us think that a waiting list is like getting in line for the next available unit. We've had plenty of time to learn how Cliff does it, and I winced every time someone begged to start a waiting list for the Axe2.

I still hope someone at FAS will explain how this one will be run, or at least give us some idea of how long it should take to catch up with the list. I was looking forward to there being plenty of units to go around; I wonder what happened to to keep that from happening? Perhaps Cliff will surprise us yet with higher quantities in the near future. For all we know he is still dealing with a shortage of chassis parts.

Yeah. But I think Cliff put it at that price initially because he never thought the demand would be so overwhelming. Everything proves this.
Posts like "Chillax, there will be plenty of units" and others...
If he could go back he would price it higher, I'm sure.
Well, like you said that's kinda what he did right there with this wait list. It's all to his advantage.

Not that I'm against it.
I have a business too and I'm in it for the money.

The only thing that's preventing me from ordering right now is that Axe-Edit 1.0 is not ready yet. I just hate playing with the front panel.

So I'll have some time to wait and see what happens.
But I shouldn't hope for any other update, as they seem to be rare.

He had plenty of indicators to judge demand, 10 days of countdown buzz showed more people than they have supply for. I think he knew he could price it higher and chose not to. The interviews with cliff I've seen he always says he wanted to make it available for a price a playing musician could afford(paraphrasing).

I would still like a clarification of the OP's original question.

How is this waiting list going to be administered?

If we are on the waiting list and our email comes,
does that mean there is a unit reserved for us with the
option to purchase (presumably within 24 hrs)?

Or is it simply a coupon code for the Yahoo site to insure
we get the old price, but we still take our chances in the daily
Store bloodbath, with no guarantee there will be a unit for us to
purchase with this coupon?

+1

Back
Top Bottom