Confirm for me that this will work

bjjp2

Power User
Have a big gig tonight and I want to do the following, which I've never done before. I read the manual, but I just want to be sure.
I want to run output 1 XLR into Active Atomic CLR, and then XLR from CLR to mixer/FOH. I'll have the CLR on stage behind me as a "back line" both for monitoring purposes and for audience sound, but main sound will come from FOH.

Follow up stupid questions: If I do the above, will changing "Output 1" volume on Axe increase volume on both CLR and FOH? If I change master volume on CLR will that also increase volume on FOH? How do I increase stage volume without increasing FOH volume?

Sorry, just want to make sure everything goes ok.

I would use Out 1 AND Out 2. That way you have independent stage and FOH volume. Just make sure under I/O settings you have set Output 2 to "Echo Out1". Then your are good to go. But in this scenario you would need a 1/4" TSR to male XLR for Output 2 that would go to FOH or the CLR. For Out1 you can use XLR - XLR mic cable to the FOH or CLR. Of course use Left of each. You will use the front output knobs to control each output. Once your sound guy is happy with your signal, you will not have to touch his output again. Then, your stage output you adjust as needed without affecting FOH.

Good luck with the gig!

I would use Out 1 AND Out 2. That way you have independent stage and FOH volume. Just make sure under I/O settings you have set Output 2 to "Echo Out1". Then your are good to go. But in this scenario you would need a 1/4" TSR to male XLR for Output 2 that would go to FOH or the CLR. For Out1 you can use XLR - XLR mic cable to the FOH or CLR. Of course use Left of each. You will use the front output knobs to control each output. Once your sound guy is happy with your signal, you will not have to touch his output again. Then, your stage output you adjust as needed without affecting FOH.

Good luck with the gig!

Thanks. The reason I don't want to do this is that I have done it before with a power amp and cab running from output 2 and all my patches are set up with a FXL block before the cab. Since I want to try CLR on stage (with cab blocks on) I guess I'd have to delete all the FXL blocks. Which is probably not a big deal I guess, but I just don't have much time.

Also don't have the TSR to XLR.

How many presets do you use for a gig? It would be pretty easy to just back up your banks and then go into your presets you will be using tonight and delete the FXL blocks and change Out2 to echo Out1.

Tell the sound guy you will need a 1/4" instrument cable and a DI box and use Out 2 for that. Use a mic cable for Out1 to CLR.

Back
Top Bottom