Confined Bad Horsie

Seeing the Sustainer in the neck makes me realise the guitar would look better with all black pickups.

And yeah, he's still bringing it!

I also love the way he's able to move that slide in and out of his left hand. He'll be pulling some huge pinch harmonic off and then you glance left and...where did that slide come from?!?!? The hours he must spend to execute stuff so flawlessly. Unreal.

I personally like the looks of the PIA models aside from not being a fan of gold hardware.

Steve has most definitely still got it... In spades!

Neat trick sticking the slide behind the head of the guitar...I wonder what he's using? That was a quick move!

It's great seeing a musician of that caliber still putting ever ounce of energy into his performance, albeit one from home. I wonder what he was using for his amplifier tones in this video?

How does that guitar stay in tune after all that Whammy abuse ?

A well set-up Floyd will return to pitch without a problem. Vai also uses an Ibanez Backstop (they're version of a tremsetter) in all his guitars. It helps just a little bit more, while stabilizing the trem a bit.

Neat trick sticking the slide behind the head of the guitar...I wonder what he's using? That was a quick move!

Velcro.

It's great seeing a musician of that caliber still putting ever ounce of energy into his performance, albeit one from home. I wonder what he was using for his amplifier tones in this video?

Most likely his Synergy rack, though in a recent vid he had a small practice amp behind his chair. Not sure what it was, but the dude literally has shelves FULL of pedals. His tone these days is getting back to being killer. From 99-2012 it took a turn for the worse and he's slowly been getting it back to something I really love. Once he ditched the Carvin stuff it seemed to get closer to his pre-1999 tones, just darker.

In this video he's using his Synergy module with an Axe-Fx in the effects loop into a Carvin Legacy 2x12 with V30s 🎉 And I have to say, all of the new PIA models are something else when you see them in person... photos don't do them justice. Also really makes me want to add a magnetic back plate to all of my guitars...

His live streams are solid gold IMO. He should have gotten onto this bandwagon long ago.

Back
Top Bottom