Configuring Axe Fx III to use Meloaudio Commander

Introduction

Firstly, you do not have to do anything to the Meloaudio Commander in terms of changing settings in the pedalboard. You can also if you want to, but here I only describe how you can use presets and FX on off using the preconfigured set up in the Pedal board to get you started quickly.

All you need to do when you first get your MC is hold down the bank down button when powering on and you will get a list of devices. Scroll down to AxeF, switch off and on again and you are ready to rock.

Until you do the Axe FX III set up presets will work 1 to 95 and you can page up and down the standard 0 to 95 presets. Buttons 1 to 4 will do nothing as their values are not in your Axe Fx III factory settings and therefore do nothing when you first use the pedal board.

You can select scenes and bank up and down to select them, but the standard set up does not do this Leon Todd has a video on how to do this if you want to. For my own presets I am happy not to use scenes but just switch the FX that I want on and off. Most scenes are preconfigured variations on the same thing. This is a simple controller and I think if you want all the bells and whistles live from the Axe Fx III then you need to invest in FC6 or FC12 controller as they dont use midi they use sysex commands.

Axe Fx III set up

The settings to switch everything on for using Buttons 1 to 4 and also expression pedals needs to be Set up before they can work. I also suggest you use an unused area for presets that you are going to design and configure for your own rig. So I use 385 onwards. You will see that the maximum offset is 383, I have selected 380 just so A starts at a round number.

I set the Meloaudio Commander up following these settings and learning how to switch FX on/off and how to configure the presets for myself.
  1. Press SETUP
  2. Scroll to Midi Remote and press ENTER
  3. GENERAL Midi Channel 1
  4. GENERAL Display Offset 0
  5. GENERAL Scene Revert OFF
  6. GENERAL Eff. Bypass Mode VALUE
  7. GENERAL Send Realtime Sysex ON
  8. PC CONFIGURATION Program Change ON
  9. PC CONFIGURATION Ignore Redundant PC ON (just in case the foot switch does)
  10. PC CONFIGURATION Send MIDI PC Chan 2
  11. PC CONFIGURATION Midi PC offset 380. ( now this is if you want to access your own set 380 upwards. If 0 it will start at Preset 0 so it is wherever you decide you want to set up your own custom presets)
  12. PC CONFIGURATION PC Mapping OFF
  13. INITIAL VALUE External Control 1 100%. ( this is so there is volume when you first turn on)
  14. INITIAL VALUE External Control 2 100% ( if you have 2nd pedal for way same
Assigning Buttons 1 to 4 to switch FX on and off

To set up your 1 to 4 as CC to switch on and off FX page to BYPASS under Midi/Remote Setup

So I have selected to use button 1 for Drive, Button 2 for Phaser, Button 3 for Chorus and Button 4 for Delay on/off

You can use any of the 4 buttons to switch on/off any FX

To assign the button you carry out the following:
  1. Scroll to Drive 1
  2. Press buttons C Learn and you will get a display Learn Mode Waiting, Exit to Cancel
  3. Press button 1 on the Midi commander and the value CC will appear in Drive 1
  4. Carry out the same for Phaser button 2, Chorus Button 3, Delay Button 4.
For the volume pedal

To set the expression pedal up as a volume pedal both to plug into the Meloaudio commander or in the back of the Axe Fx III carry out the following:
  1. Page to External under Midi/Remote Setup
  2. Select External Control 1 and move the expression pedal and pedal 1 or a value will appear
Page to Other
  1. Scroll to I/O
  2. Select Input 1 Volume and move the volume pedal and Pedal 1 or a value will appear

Good Luck and hope you have fun with the Melo

Attachments

• Axe Fx III configuring Meloaudio commander.pdf
    36.6 KB · Views: 73
I wanted to put the Forum's url for the FC1010, but because I hadn't posted 10 times I was not allowed to, but it is in the attachment

do you need to setup the Setup>Midi pages in the Axe-Fx III itself with CC numbers? at default they are all blank on the Axe.

do you need to setup the Setup>Midi pages in the Axe-Fx III itself with CC numbers? at default they are all blank on the Axe.
Please read through the instructions carefully. You will see under Assign Buttons 1 to 4 fx you are shown how to set the CC numbers by using the Axe Fx III Learn button. It shows you how to do this without needing to input numbers!

Please read through the instructions carefully. You will see under Assign Buttons 1 to 4 fx you are shown how to set the CC numbers by using the Axe Fx III Learn button. It shows you how to do this without needing to input numbers!
Oh “scroll to drive 1” meant to go to the Setup>MIDI menu, page right to Bypass, and then scroll to drive 1. Got it.

Introduction

Firstly, you do not have to do anything to the Meloaudio Commander in terms of changing settings in the pedalboard. You can also if you want to, but here I only describe how you can use presets and FX on off using the preconfigured set up in the Pedal board to get you started quickly.

All you need to do when you first get your MC is hold down the bank down button when powering on and you will get a list of devices. Scroll down to AxeF, switch off and on again and you are ready to rock.

Until you do the Axe FX III set up presets will work 1 to 95 and you can page up and down the standard 0 to 95 presets. Buttons 1 to 4 will do nothing as their values are not in your Axe Fx III factory settings and therefore do nothing when you first use the pedal board.

You can select scenes and bank up and down to select them, but the standard set up does not do this Leon Todd has a video on how to do this if you want to. For my own presets I am happy not to use scenes but just switch the FX that I want on and off. Most scenes are preconfigured variations on the same thing. This is a simple controller and I think if you want all the bells and whistles live from the Axe Fx III then you need to invest in FC6 or FC12 controller as they dont use midi they use sysex commands.

Axe Fx III set up

The settings to switch everything on for using Buttons 1 to 4 and also expression pedals needs to be Set up before they can work. I also suggest you use an unused area for presets that you are going to design and configure for your own rig. So I use 385 onwards. You will see that the maximum offset is 383, I have selected 380 just so A starts at a round number.

I set the Meloaudio Commander up following these settings and learning how to switch FX on/off and how to configure the presets for myself.
  1. Press SETUP
  2. Scroll to Midi Remote and press ENTER
  3. GENERAL Midi Channel 1
  4. GENERAL Display Offset 0
  5. GENERAL Scene Revert OFF
  6. GENERAL Eff. Bypass Mode VALUE
  7. GENERAL Send Realtime Sysex ON
  8. PC CONFIGURATION Program Change ON
  9. PC CONFIGURATION Ignore Redundant PC ON (just in case the foot switch does)
  10. PC CONFIGURATION Send MIDI PC Chan 2
  11. PC CONFIGURATION Midi PC offset 380. ( now this is if you want to access your own set 380 upwards. If 0 it will start at Preset 0 so it is wherever you decide you want to set up your own custom presets)
  12. PC CONFIGURATION PC Mapping OFF
  13. INITIAL VALUE External Control 1 100%. ( this is so there is volume when you first turn on)
  14. INITIAL VALUE External Control 2 100% ( if you have 2nd pedal for way same
Assigning Buttons 1 to 4 to switch FX on and off

To set up your 1 to 4 as CC to switch on and off FX page to BYPASS under Midi/Remote Setup

So I have selected to use button 1 for Drive, Button 2 for Phaser, Button 3 for Chorus and Button 4 for Delay on/off

You can use any of the 4 buttons to switch on/off any FX

To assign the button you carry out the following:
  1. Scroll to Drive 1
  2. Press buttons C Learn and you will get a display Learn Mode Waiting, Exit to Cancel
  3. Press button 1 on the Midi commander and the value CC will appear in Drive 1
  4. Carry out the same for Phaser button 2, Chorus Button 3, Delay Button 4.
For the volume pedal

To set the expression pedal up as a volume pedal both to plug into the Meloaudio commander or in the back of the Axe Fx III carry out the following:
  1. Page to External under Midi/Remote Setup
  2. Select External Control 1 and move the expression pedal and pedal 1 or a value will appear
Page to Other
  1. Scroll to I/O
  2. Select Input 1 Volume and move the volume pedal and Pedal 1 or a value will appear

Good Luck and hope you have fun with the Melo
Hey. I was wondering if anyone can walk me through setting up an expression pedal with the meloaudio into an Ultra?

Back
Top Bottom