Confession: Fractal Expression pedals are better than Boss FV500's.....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I recently bought another Fractal Expression pedal. I have spent some time with it and I do believe it to be smoother and more incrementally satisfying than the Boss FV500. Just FYI. Nothing wrong with the Boss, but I think I'm switching to Fractals pedals. Just FYI

Years ago I bought Fractals and must have gotten a lemon. It broke within days of use and that was it. I feel this is made well though and I am shaking that off top just a bum job on that one, not all.

I actually prefer the sweep of the BOSS, the Fractal's ramp a little fast for my taste.

And yes, I know I can edit the curve but the controller settings are my weakest point in the units, so I try not to mess around in there very often.

For use when traveling I have two of the Dunlop (X) Mini pedals, which work well, and easily fit in the pocket of my travel bag. They’re smaller and a little lighter than the EV-2.

But I think the EV-2 are better quality, they still fit the bag, they’re rock solid, and I suspect I could use them to pound tent pegs if I didn’t have a hammer on my desert island.

have 4 Boss FVs - unlike many it seems, I really like them, but I do spend time on the modifier curve so maybe that's part of it. From my experience with different expression pedals, Axefx modifier adjustment can make anything feel great as long as there's a descent amount of active travel. The expression pedals I dislike are the ones with a really small active travel amount - tough to work with that even with flexible modifier curves.

I love my silver EV-1, it's just the right size for my feet. I have used it for several years and it performs as well as the day that I bought it.

Ernie Ball VP JR works for me.

Until the string breaks at the worst possible time as is typical. I love the feel and sweep of them, but the string design is a major shortfall. They are always a monumental pain in the ass to get installed correctly too. When the strings in my VP Jr's give up the ghost again, I'm switching to a couple of EV-2's.

I just wish Fractal had EV versions with a built in toe switch. That would be the bee's knees.

I recently bought another Fractal Expression pedal. I have spent some time with it and I do believe it to be smoother and more incrementally satisfying than the Boss FV500. Just FYI. Nothing wrong with the Boss, but I think I'm switching to Fractals pedals. Just FYI

Years ago I bought Fractals and must have gotten a lemon. It broke within days of use and that was it. I feel this is made well though and I am shaking that off top just a bum job on that one, not all.
Same here for me-Still have my Boss FV500's, but I love the EV-2's from Fractal.

Back
Top Bottom